Qwck question: torque on the front sprocket nut?

qwck10th

Registered
Subject says it all. I searched a bunch of posts, and crawled through the online manual. I found one possible match but 43 ft. lbs sounds a little low. So, I want to confirm the torque spec for the front sprocket nut.

Bike is an 02 SE (black on black), w/ a BDE new busa owners kit on it. Otherwise its all stock except for some race take-off's from my R6 - I loves me some sticky tires.

I got 21k miles out of my stock sprocket. That includes a dozen passes at the strip, two track days at Jennings GP, and probably 10k miles of Georgia's best twisties. Its undercut pretty bad, but I've seen worse. I had a 16 tooth from BDE in the tool box, so I'm putting it on (with red Locktite). Chain is new. Rear (stock) sprocket looks fine for another 10-15k mile.

Cheers!

s

Down load the manual,  It is a sticky here somewhere...
thanks.

downloaded it yesterday. Spent 45 minutes scrolling through practically every page. Found a reference to a 45 ft lb spec, but wanted to confirm.

Can you confirm?

s
The service manual says to use "thread lock" or "loctite" and tighten to 145 Newton meters or 105 foot pounds. Hope that helps.

If you're looking at the downloaded service manual the information is on page 3-16.

<!--EDIT|EastCoast
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150413529 -->

I thought it was 72 ft-lbs  
rock.gif

my bad 72 is the front axle torque spec
tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|BA BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150414255 -->

No worries bro
biggrin.gif
I thought he wanted front axle torque, then I read that it was front sprocket
that he was looking for