Smack Talking

Jay Gleason is BACK and proves he still has the skill it takes to ring the best time out of a motorcycle. He is aurgueably the lightest rider to ever lay down the numbers for Yamaha, and this particular evening was no different. The pair of 2009 Vmax's were lightly prepped with Tim's having the advantage of a good dyno tune & some extra aftermarket parts from UFO. The following times turned exceeded everyones expectations with Lee (SmokinZx14) turning a 9.87 on Bob (Bad_Max)'s Vmax at 136mph on a street tire. He also rode Tim's Vmax to a 9.74 matching a run By Jay Gleasons time on Bob's bike of 9.74. Not bad for a basically stock everyday rider.

Jay Gleason 9.51 @ 143mph - VMax History | V-Max News | News

First off NO vmax has run 9s stock ... The 9.98 posted was done with a Race ECU In cold air ( snow on the ground in Atco NJ ) with a light weigh jocky..

Bad_Maxs 09 Vmax ran 10.14 @ 136 Factory stock with me riding ..I have run 9.80s with the mods listed on Bad_maxs bike >. Cats removed ,limiter removed ,fuel tunner and a shorter tire and air filter removed , i weigh in at 150 pounds... I have run the fastest 60 foot time of anyone on a 09 Vamx 1.57 ...It's too heavy and the fly by wire kills the 60 times .. Tims 09 Vmax with me on it ( only made one easy pass ) went 9.75 ... That bike has lots of mods and hours and hours on the dyno .. Cats removed , aftermarket mufflers, fuel tuner ,Limiters removed, no air box or filter , It had a mix of u4.2 fuel ..The bike weighed in at 650 pounds unlike a stocker at 690+ pounds .. It was also running a M/T slick ...PeeWee Gleason weighing in at 119 pounds that day ran one pass at 9.51 , that was his very best pass of many ..
My 06 zx14 at stock wheel base with a strap and pipe , NO Tune or P/C ran 9.18 @ 152 with a 1.52 60 foot on Pump gas , i Know for a fact a Busa will do the same with the same mods ...With skilled riders the Vmax will not run with a Busa or zx14 ..

Don't bring FACTS into this, people will start getting upset... :laugh:

Jay Gleason is BACK and proves he still has the skill it takes to ring the best time out of a motorcycle. He is aurgueably the lightest rider to ever lay down the numbers for Yamaha, and this particular evening was no different. The pair of 2009 Vmax's were lightly prepped with Tim's having the advantage of a good dyno tune & some extra aftermarket parts from UFO. The following times turned exceeded everyones expectations with Lee (SmokinZx14) turning a 9.87 on Bob (Bad_Max)'s Vmax at 136mph on a street tire. He also rode Tim's Vmax to a 9.74 matching a run By Jay Gleasons time on Bob's bike of 9.74. Not bad for a basically stock everyday rider.

Jay Gleason 9.51 @ 143mph - VMax History | V-Max News | News

And your point....? ???

A BUSA or 14 with LESS mods for LESS money will still run faster... ;)

Oh wait, a VMAX is exclusively slower.....gotcha! :goodboy:

once u say anthing about removing adding anything besides some gas its not stock and then you get in the none stock group which can contain anything and probly everything.

but comparing how fast a 140lbs rider can go on a 09 V max vs a heavier rider on a 14 or busa then or just proving physics that its easier to move lighter objects and if your time difference is less than .2sec then it probly has nothing to do with the bike unless thats the avg for 25+ runs

:rulez::rulez::rulez::rulez:If you have to go tell everyone that something is the best so they know then its probly is not the best:rulez::rulez::rulez:also if your saying fastest then don't bring up 1/8 1/4 mile because thats just quickness if you want top end take it to maxton texas mile, or the salts then you can say for sure

What don't people understand about the meaning of "Stock". Stock means stock... not almost stock... The V-max is a cool - over the top - wicked fast bike; however, a stock V-max has not beat any top end stock sport bike in any even head to head challenge... It won't - all you have to do is sit on the thing to know it's at a distinct disadvantage based on its rider position and a rear tire that wants to let go at the slightest thottle provocation! Its an absolutely cool bike and it may be the king of the cruisers but it is a also run in the company of the bikes like the Busa and 14 not to mention the B King. To be the fastest stock bike you got to have the actual numbers.

Its all about the numbers - you can't be the badest on the the block unless you got the numbers...

With all that said, stop light to stop light in the real world the guy with the superior skill and no fear will usually win no matter whether he or she is riding a V-max "old or new", Busa, 14 or "my favorite blast from the past" the Super Black Bird...

PS - A lady in Austrailia rode a "Completely Stock" 1/4 mile on a B King in just under 10 seconds.

The bottom line is the MAX, Busa, ZX14, B-King etc are on the top of the food chain. All are awesome in their own way. If one is a hardcore racer able to lay down numbers then bragging rights are appropriate. For those of us who are adverage riders such as myself we should enjoy our bikes for what they are. I have to admit I've only had my Gen 2 Busa for a month now and I haven't even come close to exploring the capablity of the bike. Rest assured I will eventually get there but in the mean time I'll be the adverage rider and enjoy my predator muscle bike.:thumbsup: By the way, I haven't seen a MAX yet and I'm sure it's a nice bike however, I think the Busa has awesome look's with the muscle to back up. :bowdown:

Back