Smack Talking

Dale Walker from HoleShot is a pretty decent rider and has only pulled low 10's and 138mph with the VMAX.....

YO..... Loki08 ! Chill my good brother,:thumbsup: If I was to see one of these 2009 MAXS on the road it will most definitly be on (win or lose). With that being said, all I'm doing is getting my homework done should the occasion presents itself. I walk the walk when I talk the talk my good brother :laugh:

Best homework you can do is get yourself to a drag strip and start practicing. When 1/4 et reads 9 point, well anything then talk all the mess you want.

That said when I was running 1/8th mile in FLA I personally embarrassed quite a few hayabusa owners. There is something to be said for practice, I was a light guy with a nitrous 750 and because I was out there 1-2 a week I knew my bike.

I'm not saying any of this to brag, because there are plenty of people out there way more talented and faster then I ever was / will be. Just reminding you when there is only 660 or 1320 feet to work with, the faster machine doesn't always win. Weight, reaction time, setup, most importantly rider ability are HUGE factors.

Stock for stock, same rider cloned anywhere any day the Hayabusa would take the V-Max in the quarter and MotoGP courses. I own neither and I know this through a 2 second google or youtube search. Christ.

Not taking anything away from the new MAX, but that guy's salesman really sold him a line...

A magazine ran the VMAX against the B-King. The king won. The King is easier to launch which made al the difference. The VMAX was spinning its tire and couldnt launch no matter how hard they tried .......The King is King!!!!!

Oh, I own a B-King......:thumbsup:

Ok guys, there is this dude I know that said a stock 2009 Star VMAX will blow away a 2009 Stock Hayabusa in the quarter mile and top end. He said the VMAX has a larger engine with 200 HP. He also said there is nothing in stock form faster than the 09 MAX. If I run up on one of these 2009 VMAXS should I run him with my 2009 Hayabusa? Haven't seen a 2009 VMAX on the street yet. What do you all think.....det45. :thumbsup:
Several magazines have already tested the VMax against the B-King. The King was quicker in the quarter mile, and faster in top speed....and the busa is even quicker than the King. If you come across a Max in a roll on, and you get in the right gear......you'll leave it no prob. VMax owners lips move faster than their bikes :laugh:

I heard that the ECU on the MAX limits the bike to 137 MPH, that sucks however I did hear that someone figured out how to bypass the ECU restriction on the MAX like the Busa. I wonder what the MAX will do on the top end unrestricted. I know that the Busa will come out on top either way. MAX owners paid $17,900.00 base price for their bike and I only paid $13,199.00 base price for my Busa, a far supierior bike. :laugh:

I heard that the ECU on the MAX limits the bike to 137 MPH, that sucks however I did hear that someone figured out how to bypass the ECU restriction on the MAX like the Busa. I wonder what the MAX will do on the top end unrestricted. I know that the Busa will come out on top either way. MAX owners paid $17,900.00 base price for their bike and I only paid $13,199.00 base price for my Busa, a far supierior bike. :laugh:

I think with the seating position and lack of wind protection the rider would call it quits before the bike was done. Could be completely wrong and it might be able to bury the needle in the last gear. Either way I'm confident even in that case you would have at least a gear left.

I think everyone will agree that its in the 100+mph range when a "race" would get real ugly for a V-Max

the new v-max is limited to 145 mph and only does the 1/4 in 11 seconds...a 600 with the righ rider can be faster then that...my stock busa does them in 9.72 even if the max did a low 10 im faster then he is...by the way a shaft driven bike is extremely hard to control when banging on the gears as it lifts the rear end of the bike and causes it to wanna lose traction...also why most drag strips don't allow shaft driven bikes

last summer my friend who owned a 1985 v-max was telling me how ugly its going to get with the new one and how much faster it would be then my busa...this summer he bought one...we whent for a ride, I beat him 972 times at every speed in every gear from every roll on...he is trading it in aon a busa now...

Last edited:
Alright my good Busa brothers, I confronted the VMAX dude with what I learned on this web site and he still says the 2009 MAX is faster. I told him if you are going to talk the talk then walk the walk! I told him to bring on the MAX and I'll run it. Well my brothers, he said that his friends (not his) MAX wasn't available,,,,Yeah Yeah, the MAX dude is Talkin Smack. Called his bluff! :moon:

No worries bro... pretty soon you'll have every 600cc hot shot saying the same thing :laugh: (it's a small price to pay for owning the baddest bike on the planet)

Just spank 'em and make them call you daddy!! :whistle:

08_apr_shoot_busa_zx14_15.jpg

Faster standing 1/4 mile than the new VMAX (stock to stock, equal riders):

- Suzuki Hayabusa
- Kawasaki ZX-14
- Suzuki B-King
- Suzuki GSX-R1000
- Kawasaki ZX-10R
- Honda CBR1000RR
- Yamaha YZF-R1
- others

I happen to like the VMAX though I have not ridden one. It is a bad-ass bike but it is not the quarter-mile king. It is quick and might be great 0-60ft, 1/8 mile, or stop light to stop light because of its long wheel base and big torque. But it weighs 680+ lbs wet.

IMO, the proper prospective for a VMAX owner should be that it is the best handling, fastest, cruiser-like bike on the market. Long live the mighty VMAX! It is quite unique.

FYI: Just read the VMax review in MCN last night.

They measured 173.x RWHP outta the box. The stocker speed is limited to 145 indicated/137.6 measured. They also made it clear that getting a good launch with the VMax is virtually impossible. They made 13 launches with a single technique before switching it up to another technique. Didn't mention how many passes overall, but if a seasoned rider can't make it work in 13+ passes, it probably just ain't gonna happen. No wonder it can't break the 9's. Sounds like the factory created a monster but then cut is ba!!s off and chained it to the basement floor. Sad.

I own both amongst several other bikes so I will give you my take on both bikes. 0-100mph the max will win 9 out of 10 times it's easier to launch. Also on a side note the max has run 9.70's in bone stock form just check out starvmax.com. With a tire change non restricted ecu Jay gleason has run 9.51 at 143mph. Not too bad for a almost 700lb bike. If your on the streets you better be on your toes or you will most definitely be embarrassed by one.
BusaModifications001.jpg

bikepictures015.jpg

I own both amongst several other bikes so I will give you my take on both bikes. 0-100mph the max will win 9 out of 10 times it's easier to launch. Also on a side note the max has run 9.70's in bone stock form just check out starvmax.com. With a tire change non restricted ecu Jay gleason has run 9.51 at 143mph. Not too bad for a almost 700lb bike. If your on the streets you better be on your toes or you will most definitely be embarrassed by one.

As I recall, both bikes at that session were modified and both riders were bascially professionals. Also the Jay Gleason tire change was to a slick - big difference. Does "Pee Wee" Gleason even weigh 150 lbs??

0-100 is not a quarter-mile which is what the thread was about. No doubt Max is one fast machine but it isn't the quarter mile king everyone at starvmax thought it was going to be before it came out. After it came out they all started piocking the speed increments or distances other than the quarter-mile to claim superiority. Whatever, both bikes are great.

If not for the limited range due to the 4 gallon gas tank I might own one. It has an incredible motor that the aftermarket will surely exploit. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I will have to agree that the 2009 MAX is a bad a$$ bike but in it's own class. It is on the top of the food chain when it comes to power cruisers. The Hayabusa, B-King and even the ZX-14 are in a class of their own. Personally I would own a MAX for power crusier bragging rights but I'll use the Busa for straight up road superiority duties. Not only that, the Gen 2 Busa is a good looking bike. :laugh:

Back