Smack Talking

det45

Registered
Ok guys, there is this dude I know that said a stock 2009 Star VMAX will blow away a 2009 Stock Hayabusa in the quarter mile and top end. He said the VMAX has a larger engine with 200 HP. He also said there is nothing in stock form faster than the 09 MAX. If I run up on one of these 2009 VMAXS should I run him with my 2009 Hayabusa? Haven't seen a 2009 VMAX on the street yet. What do you all think.....det45. :thumbsup:

The VMAX has allot of low end but takes a dump on Top End. If you do race do it at the track and not on the Street :thumbsup:

ahh the misunderstandings of v-max owners I don't suggest doin it on the street though maybe you wann ablip your throttle and then let him take off and get the ticket :laugh:

V-max had it's time in the highlight (still a great bike). But back in late 80's the Max came out with 165 mph top speed and enough grunt to get there naked faster than most full faired sport bikes. Against a Busa? Top end? :laugh:

Please be a better friend and make sure he takes his medication on a regular basis.

If you end up racing him, do yourself a favor and make sure you all take it to a 1/4 track. 1/8th I could see it being close 'ish depending on the launch. But if you take it to a 1/4 you will put that top end thing to rest for sure.

I would be willing to bet you would monster that bike, somewhere in the 1+second and at least 15mph at the large end.

VMax - For those that want the fastest V's. They just need to remember that the Hayabusa is NOT a V. :laugh:

Edit: V-twins to "V-s". Yep, they're V-four's, not V-twin's as I originally wrote. I knew that. Thanks to Jaysus. Apologies.

Last edited:
Ok two questions, can the 2009 Busa out run a 2009 MAX in the quarter mile and can a Busa out top end the MAX.....? I heard that the MAX ecu can be modified to bypass the top end restricter like the Busa......det45

Ok two questions, can the 2009 Busa out run a 2009 MAX in the quarter mile and can a Busa out top end the MAX.....? I heard that the MAX ecu can be modified to bypass the top end restricter like the Busa......det45

Once you introduce modifications you completely change the playing field and start a circular arguement.

Talkin **** is for little girls. Get on the bike, take him to a track, and hand him his lunch. Other than that talk is cheap.

There's no freakin way that an 09 V-max is going to out run a Gen II Busa or a Gen I. Having owned an 06 V-max and ridden an 09 V-max there is no comparision to a Busa. You need to take this guy out to the track and have him put his money where his mouth is, you'll have some instant mod money.

YO..... Loki08 ! Chill my good brother,:thumbsup: If I was to see one of these 2009 MAXS on the road it will most definitly be on (win or lose). With that being said, all I'm doing is getting my homework done should the occasion presents itself. I walk the walk when I talk the talk my good brother :laugh:

Back