Smack Talking

VMax faster than the Hayabusa? That's cute. :rofl:

Pat him on the head and continue about your business.
+1,000
i bet he was the same guy back in highschool who sat in class thinkin his Ford Probe GT was the fastest thing on 4 wheels too:rofl:

honestly tho-when was the last time you heard one of your speed-hungry buddies drooling over a cruiser? "oohh, cant wait until I get my hands on that Vmax so I can break the sound barrier!":laugh:

+1,000
i bet he was the same guy back in highschool who sat in class thinkin his Ford Probe GT was the fastest thing on 4 wheels too:rofl:

honestly tho-when was the last time you heard one of your speed-hungry buddies drooling over a cruiser? "oohh, cant wait until I get my hands on that Vmax so I can break the sound barrier!":laugh:

First, not anyone can get a 09 VMax UNLESS you had the scratch to throw down, wait for a few months and be put on the list for one, only ones available now are the ones someone ordered and couldn't finish paying up. It's likely YOU'LL never see one since there are so few.

The Next ordering window for 2010 VMax's will open up in August and run through Oct 31st.

They are and WILL continue to be the muscle power cruiser. Busa's are nice...but anyone can have those.

I just pat my busa friends on the head and say "OK, Whatever!":bowdown:

They DO make some pretty sportbikes when they are painted and chromed out though.....I love what some of the owners have done and know they have spent some serious money on them. I always see some nice Busa's at the Custom bike shows I have my bikes at.

P3070037.JPG

Last edited:
I have ridden one of the first generation VMAX, a Gen 1 Busa and I own a GenII Busa.

All are tremendously powered bikes.

IMO all being equal the Vmax would get the hole shot, but both the GenI and the GenII would take the VMAX in the 1/4.

But in the real world, all is not equal and ever which rider coughed or sneezed at the wrong time could lose this race.

I love my Busa, my 2d choice would be the new VMAX, I think it looks awsome and it has a but load of go to back it up. In a year or two I think the aftermarket will pick up some of Yamaha's slack.

First, not anyone can get a 09 VMax UNLESS you had the scratch to throw down, wait for a few months and be put on the list for one, only ones available now are the ones someone ordered and couldn't finish paying up. It's likely YOU'LL never see one since there are so few.

The Next ordering window for 2010 VMax's will open up in August and run through Oct 31st.

They are and WILL continue to be the muscle power cruiser. Busa's are nice...but anyone can have those.

I just pat my busa friends on the head and say "OK, Whatever!":bowdown:

They DO make some pretty sportbikes when they are painted and chromed out though.....I love what some of the owners have done and know they have spent some serious money on them. I always see some nice Busa's at the Custom bike shows I have my bikes at.

P3070037.JPG

So, if I may paraphrase, you're saying that the VMax is more valuable to you b/c there is less availability and vice versa for the Hayabusa...? So you value more as it becomes less available? :whistle:

That being the case, I've got a 1985 GS550ES in GOOD shape that makes about 60 RWHP. It won't touch a Hayabusa in performance, but there are very few left and even fewer left running, let alone in good shape. Based on your valuation method and the MSRP's of the Hayabusa and the VMax, I could let you have this bike for a steal at $50,000. :whistle::poke::laugh:

"That being the case, I've got a 1985 GS550ES in GOOD shape that makes about 60 RWHP. It won't touch a Hayabusa in performance, but there are very few left and even fewer left running, let alone in good shape. Based on your valuation method and the MSRP's of the Hayabusa and the VMax, I could let you have this bike for a steal at $50,000."

Sorry, that's a sad case.

P.S. that logic doesn't make any sense.

But it does ring true for the exclusive factor. Just ask the Porche, Corvette, Big Dog, American Iron Horse guys, yada, yada, yada. Limited numbered production of ICONIC machinery will always be more valued than mass production anyone can buy a Yugo type machine.

???

A VMAX exclusive.... :rofl: ....I can think of 5-dealers I can walk into TODAY and buy a VMAX. I wouldn't call them rare or exclusive by any means. ???

They are fun for what they do but lets be honest here, it's just another jap bike... :beerchug:

"That being the case, I've got a 1985 GS550ES in GOOD shape that makes about 60 RWHP. It won't touch a Hayabusa in performance, but there are very few left and even fewer left running, let alone in good shape. Based on your valuation method and the MSRP's of the Hayabusa and the VMax, I could let you have this bike for a steal at $50,000."

Sorry, that's a sad case.

P.S. that logic doesn't make any sense.

But it does ring true for the exclusive factor. Just ask the Porche, Corvette, Big Dog, American Iron Horse guys, yada, yada, yada. Limited numbered production of ICONIC machinery will always be more valued than mass production anyone can buy a Yugo type machine.

???

Of course the logic is faulty. That's the point.

To put it another way, if there was only one Hayabusa but it was less capable, you would value it much more.

I just don't understand why your offering lower availability as some sort of copensation for lesser performance. If it's one of a kind or if there are a million of 'em, it's still a 10 second bike limited to 137.6 mph and the Hayabusa is still a 9 second bike limited to 186 mph.

I could care less if the new max is faster cause all the guys riding them around northern Va are late 40's guys coming straight of their HD soft tail. They're more worried about the next beer they can get. I say bring it. Let's meet in Manassas at Old Dominion Speedway.

For those knocking the Max you have no clue what you are talking about. The bike is a monster period and like I said I have a Busa to compare it to. If you rode it I'm sure you would come back with a smile. :laugh:

Why are you asking this question? Go race one and find out. If you lose you will know that YOU can't beat THAT V-max on THAT day. Magazine stats and internet what-if's are completely useless. Ryan Schnitz can run a 600 thru a 1/4 quicker than 99% of stock motor busa owners can. Does this mean a 600 can out run a busa? On that day, in those hands, it does........

For those knocking the Max you have no clue what you are talking about. The bike is a monster period and like I said I have a Busa to compare it to. If you rode it I'm sure you would come back with a smile. :laugh:
Monster or not, if you could beat your busa with your vmax 9 of 10 times you suck at launching. :rofl:

Why are you asking this question? Go race one and find out. If you lose you will know that YOU can't beat THAT V-max on THAT day. Magazine stats and internet what-if's are completely useless. Ryan Schnitz can run a 600 thru a 1/4 quicker than 99% of stock motor busa owners can. Does this mean a 600 can out run a busa? On that day, in those hands, it does........

Perfectly stated. Like I always said I don't ride a magazine. Half of them are Hype and the other half are BS. All I know is that the bike flat out hauls ass and feels every bit as quick as my Busa and faster then any of my other bikes. I could care less if someone beat me on another bike I'm just stating my experiences with my bikes. Top end there is no question a Busa will smoke the Max so I won't argue that.

reminds me of when "torque" came out...my now-brother-in-law bought a yamaha warrior, slapped on a power commander and a pipe to make a busa killer. since it almost outran the Y2K, surely it would beat my busa. after a bunch of talk, we put it to the test on a low traffic straight highway. time after time, he just made excuses. the best thing was that in my fed upness, I was actually able to drive a circle around him:laugh:(super squidly, I know) he wouldn't ride with me anymore after I told my wifes brothers about that

Ok guys, there is this dude I know that said a stock 2009 Star VMAX will blow away a 2009 Stock Hayabusa in the quarter mile and top end. He said the VMAX has a larger engine with 200 HP. He also said there is nothing in stock form faster than the 09 MAX. If I run up on one of these 2009 VMAXS should I run him with my 2009 Hayabusa? Haven't seen a 2009 VMAX on the street yet. What do you all think.....det45. :thumbsup:

FYI: For my part, I mean no knock on the VMax. I'd jump at the chance to ride one and I think it has a very good look. My only point is that, according to the original post (above) the contention is that the stock VMax is, in general, faster in the 1/4 mile and "top end". I believe that to be 100% incorrect and, unless I'm mistaken, there is no evidence to the contrary.

A Warrior beat a Busa? Not in that guys wildest dreams could that be....

I own a Road Star 96" and it's like watching a cow race to a hay ring. Warriors are not sportbikes by any stretch.

However a Vmax is a bike to reckon with when it's putting a lot of HP to the pavement. As close as they are in 1/4mile times, don't even think about blinking on either bike or the other guy is gonna post a better time. :moon:

The Busa and 14 just have some more competition on the track, and more is better.

They are fun for what they do but lets be honest here, it's just another jap bike... :beerchug:

I really appreciate the Japanese car and motorcycle manufacturers. Their products are reliable, high-tech, and affordable. Absent these makers, Aprilia and maybe BMW are about the only other options I would have for my riding preferences. Unless a Korean company entered the motorcycle market.:laugh:

I own both amongst several other bikes so I will give you my take on both bikes. 0-100mph the max will win 9 out of 10 times it's easier to launch. Also on a side note the max has run 9.70's in bone stock form just check out starvmax.com. With a tire change non restricted ecu Jay gleason has run 9.51 at 143mph. Not too bad for a almost 700lb bike. If your on the streets you better be on your toes or you will most definitely be embarrassed by one.
BusaModifications001.jpg

bikepictures015.jpg
First off NO vmax has run 9s stock ... The 9.98 posted was done with a Race ECU In cold air ( snow on the ground in Atco NJ ) with a light weigh jocky..

Bad_Maxs 09 Vmax ran 10.14 @ 136 Factory stock with me riding ..I have run 9.80s with the mods listed on Bad_maxs bike >. Cats removed ,limiter removed ,fuel tunner and a shorter tire and air filter removed , i weigh in at 150 pounds... I have run the fastest 60 foot time of anyone on a 09 Vamx 1.57 ...It's too heavy and the fly by wire kills the 60 times .. Tims 09 Vmax with me on it ( only made one easy pass ) went 9.75 ... That bike has lots of mods and hours and hours on the dyno .. Cats removed , aftermarket mufflers, fuel tuner ,Limiters removed, no air box or filter , It had a mix of u4.2 fuel ..The bike weighed in at 650 pounds unlike a stocker at 690+ pounds .. It was also running a M/T slick ...PeeWee Gleason weighing in at 119 pounds that day ran one pass at 9.51 , that was his very best pass of many ..
My 06 zx14 at stock wheel base with a strap and pipe , NO Tune or P/C ran 9.18 @ 152 with a 1.52 60 foot on Pump gas , i Know for a fact a Busa will do the same with the same mods ...With skilled riders the Vmax will not run with a Busa or zx14 ..

Last edited:
Back