ooops I missed this one

Hello All

I been posting and replying but missed this formal introduction.
I been riding for over 25 years and drag racing motorcycles for 21 years.
Ive owned a 99 VMAX since 2000 and since then I been through 4 engines.
I loved the VMAX for what it was and over the years I have modified it in all aspects. I would run it at the local 1/8 track. 6.10's at 115MPH on nitrous and 6.90s on motor at 101. All the guys at the track used to tell me Yankee, you need a hayabusa, I would just laugh and say them days are over I like the VMAX but it just couldnt hold up to my stress test.
In 2007 I almost got killed riding the VMAX on some back roads with some friends on sportbikes. If you know the VMAX it isnt a corner carver, long story short on a 2 lane backroad running 125mph I came over a slight hill to a y intersection and knew I couldnt make it so I chose straight thru some thin woods with a field on the other side, locked brakes up until asphalt ran out, hit the woods at 90-95 mph avoided trees and went out borne for 200ft, landed in the field never dropped.
a week later I got a phone call that my best friend had just been killed on his ducati.
I was shooken up and took it as a tap on the shoulder as a hint. I didnt street ride since, I would just ride up to the dragstrip and race.
In May of this year I wanted a HAYABUSA and fell in love with the leftover 09 white, blue and silver and had to have one.
Looked all over and only 3 were left, I flew into Chicago bought the bike and rode her back to Nashville 470 miles and I was in love instantly!
Sorry for not introducing myself before.

Donn
AKA Yankee:beerchug:

2edxt7b.jpg

Welcome. I have been on here for 3 years, and I too missed my introduction. Nice looking bike. I am partial to anything with blue on it.

:welcome: to the Org. Can i ask a stupid question. Why in one picture does the tail pipe look so much shorter than ther other. I cant see it being the camera angel.
Just asking

:welcome: to the Org. Can i ask a stupid question. Why in one picture does the tail pipe look so much shorter than ther other. I cant see it being the camera angel.
Just asking

Looks like the first pic is newer and the he chopped the pipes.

:welcome: to the O.P.!

Just asking
Yes, in the one pic with the long stock cans it was the 3rd Day I owned it. I didnt like how long they were
and all my Friends told me the samething great looking bike but whats up with the Peterbilt stacks?
so I found a mod from here for gen2 stock can mod. Looked great so I performed it. Cut 10"
off and IMO looks so much better and dropped about 15 lbs. Even the sound is better still quiet but deeper
I didnt drill Any holes and glad I didnt, sounds great IMO Now with the shorties.

They Will be up for sale here soon since I am going with a 421 akrpovic. So if anyone is interested
send me a PM
Posted via Mobile Device

Back