Slow down and wear your gear

(note to self) "I can ride a Busa, IN ARIZONA, with no helmet required"...........YAH, RIIIGHT !!!!".  
super.gif

"That'll HAPPEN......"
rolleyes_extreme.gif

Very sad for him, his family and friends. I ask the Lord each time I ride to watch over me and the group I am riding with and bring us home safely to our familys. Stay safe and ride responsible everyone.

Sorry to hear and always hate to read.

While on the subject of wearing your gear.

Silly question but, what would it take "sliding" to wear through your gear? Does anyone know?

Helmet?
Leathers?

I wear a mesh jacket full face helmet gloves and 6 inch boots just my jeans though how much protection do you guys think a mesh is with the hardware inside??

aaa.JPG

Any idea who it was or if he was an ORG member?

Very sad, indeed.

Half inch thick kevlar! If your on reg roads @ 50 MPH. And you better know how to slide! with no glass, rocks, parts of tailpipes etc! then there are the concrete curbing, culverts etc!
lurk.gif

let me tell you first hand how much those mesh/textile coats dont help..they are damn comfy and light in warm weather but will do nothing for you. and i used to wear the icon low boot too..never again. my blue jeans save d more skin than those items did..leather or stay home and look cool in the drive way..my 02

best of wishes to the families

I have no idea who he was. As a Firefighter I have seen many many many Motorcycle accidents where if the rider was wearing a Helmet then he would have lived. On the flip side I have seen where riding gear would not have made a difference.

I have no idea who he was. As a Firefighter I have seen many many many Motorcycle accidents where if the rider was wearing a Helmet then he would have lived. On the flip side I have seen where riding gear would not have made a difference.
It's just putting the odds more in your favor by wearing gear. I don't imagine he survived.

r8

There is one draw back to the full gear and that is false sense of security. I slid 300ft when I crashed and came out with minor rash and soar azz. I had on a lid, jeans, and regular leather tennis shoes. There were many things that could have went wrong but when it is your time there is nothing you can do. You wont live forever and you can wear your gear in the driveway and in the house it wont matter.

Gixx1300R, do you know how accident happened? Informing fellow riders of Re-occurring circumstances could hopefully someday save one of us if we are able to perceive a similar set of variables unfolding before us when we ride. We may remember this poor soul's mishap and recognize that we should avoid the situation all together. Thanks

Mike B.

There is one draw back to the full gear and that is false sense of security. I slid 300ft when I crashed and came out with minor rash and soar azz. I had on a lid, jeans, and regular leather tennis shoes. There were many things that could have went wrong but when it is your time there is nothing you can do. You wont live forever and you can wear your gear in the driveway and in the house it wont matter.

My prayers go out to the riders and their families.
I would chalk that up on your accident to luck.

I hit the pavement at about 40MPH wearing full leathers. Slid until I hit my bike, after it hit a guardrail. I tore a few things in my shoulder on impact, but no rash. None. My helmet had about a 3in gash that lined up with my temple. My leathers, gloves, and helmet took a good beating. I would have been much worse off if I only had a helmet on.

Don't count the exception as a standard.

I refuse to ride without my gear, I just simply feel naked without it on. Sad to hear that this had to happen. I don't feel the least bit care for the riders, they made the choice that cost them their life...it's their families that I feel sad for. They just lost somebody very dear to them and will never have that back...how somebody could ride with no protection, knowing you had a family back home; just stupid.

As for me, I allways wear leather coat and gloves and am willing to have textile pants. My Dad was thrown from his bike when taking a corner too hard and walked away with only a broken thumb because he put his hand out to catch himself. He was in full cloth armor, everything was torn up from his sliding but it did the job it was intended for.

Sorry to hear and always hate to read.

While on the subject of wearing your gear.

Silly question but, what would it take "sliding" to wear through your gear? Does anyone know?

Helmet?
Leathers?
I have low sided on the track @ 80 mph & 40 mph. Neither time did my leathers burn through, but I was constantly moving so that I would not slide in one spot.

I & no one around me rides w/ out full gear. I lost a close friend 2 weeks ago who low sided into an oncoming truck. Full gear does nothing in that situation.

Prayers sent to all involved.

Back