Slipping clutch?

Again with so many thousands of gen 1 hayabuses out there and even the one that I ride with my buddy Brian's has the same issue how is no one experiencing it and then fixing it and then telling what fixed it? This is so mind-boggling I can't even comprehend it I'm ready to sell it that's how bad it is I really truly I'm ready to sell it.

That's a real head scratcher, it seems you have covered everything as far as the clutch goes...

Is it something electrical or fuel related perhaps?
No only because it happens in second and third gear how can electrical only happen in certain gears?

No only because it happens in second and third gear how can electrical only happen in certain gears?
Hell, it's a real head scratcher for sure......I was thinking maybe an ECU issue or something but like I said, I'm pulling at straws as it's really hard to diagnose something via the internet...

Hell, it's a real head scratcher for sure......I was thinking maybe an ECU issue or something but like I said, I'm pulling at straws as it's really hard to diagnose something via the internet...
Hi. It sounds like a bad transmission to me. My 1999 Busa did it in 2nd gear and 2nd gear shift dogs from hard use. That is why I got it for $2500.00. My 92 ZX11 did it in 6t h gear factory defect in transmission fixed it when I did a 1300cc Super Bike Mike motor kit and had the trans rebuilt also.

Well just left my buddy Hayabusa Ron's shop I let him ride it and he said guarantee at your transmission. But the weird thing is it doesn't now in first gear sometimes twice in first gear second gear and third gear super bizarre fourth on is just perfect so now I need to locate a whole new engine he said it's cheaper and easier just to swap a low mile engine out and be done with it

The engine swap is bad advice.
Gen1's had transmission issues, always, 2nd, some 5th.
The 100k mile beater could never have a problem...and the 1k mile trailer queen's transmission would slip.
No real reason or give-aways that it will happen.
So, you've got a good chance of having the problem immediately in the next engine, or later on.
Vs, if you fix the transmission(have it undercut), then unless you just abused the heck out of it, you'de never have a problem again.
Ballpark $400-$500 for the undercut, plus fluids and gaskets and you're still under a grand...try finding a good engine for that.
If you have to add that much in labor...try finding a good engine for $2k.
It sounds like the shop just doesn't want to fool with it, which I understand, not that it's difficult, just time consuming.

I agree with Sixpack, I'm not sure why they would tell you to find a complete engine to swap in just for a trans issue. Personally I would find another shop and get a second opinion.

And it is a time consuming job, but most of the time is spent pulling the engine. Once you have it out, to split the case and get the gears out doesn't take all that much time.

I went through a similar issue not long ago and luckily I listened to the people here. Now I'm back on the road with a new skillset.

Back