clutch or trans porblums ????

drums_till_I_die

Registered
ok ,
so my 05 busa slips somtimes under load , as in most or full throttile situations . but only while in 1st , 2nd and 3rd . after that i can go full blast in 4th and up ! and somtimes i can go through 1st , 2nd and 3rd full throttile and get no slips.... i do use the clutch all the time and i make nice firm shifts as to not get a false neutral (sounds horible) , but anyway i got it via a very sweet deal so i know somthing was up . its fine while cruising around town and keeping it at or under 1/2 throttile through the first 3 gears . but as soon as i get rev happy then it sounds like its slipping in and out of gear witch brings the revs up momentarily ....... i know it shouldint do this . so my question is :

will i be replacing the clutch or some trans parts
rock.gif
and im really hoping i dont have to pull the engine and split the cases to get to the trans guts ...... so im really hoping its clutch since thats just an afternoons worth of work ! does anyone have any input
rock.gif
? thanks .

,Justin

05' Suzuki Hayabusa GSX-1300R

rock.gif

From what you describe it sounds like the clutch is slipping under load. How many miles are on it? Any abuse that you know of?
lurk.gif

One way to test the clutch to see if its slipping is to roll slowly and get it into 6th gear. Then give it 100% WOT throttle. The engine should lug. If your clutch is slipping, you'll hear it slip when you do this.

Check your fuel pressure. Your fuel pump may not be delivering enough fuel.

14,6xx miles . no abuse that i know of ..... except really high rates of speed (155+) every soo often . but no wheelies and only 1 burnout since ive got it . i will be getting new fiber plates for the clutch and cleaning and sanding down the steels . hope this helps . any other tips ??

,Justin

it only acts up Somtimes.. when i really twist it back in 1st , 2nd and 3rd . and when i have a rider on the back then it will do it all the time in 1 , 2 , an 3rd ! if im just cruising around obeying the law then everything is cool . feels like a brand new bike ! so im not sure . i guess ill just start with the cheepest thing first ....... clutch plates / springs .

,Justin

Back