Slip on vs Full System

Will you be stretching the bike? If so how much? Lowering it? Changing wheels to bigger tires and such? Or do you want to maintain the stock handling and just make the bike a better fit?

This will influence the decisions you make on most everything, including pipes even.

best idea... if ure after power... save ure money and go turbo.... these exhausts are almost 2 grand sometimes..... for 5 hp.

Will you be stretching the bike? If so how much? Lowering it? Changing wheels to bigger tires and such? Or do you want to maintain the stock handling and just make the bike a better fit?

This will influence the decisions you make on most everything, including pipes even.
Arch.... when are u going turbo? U have tossed the idea out there man.... and the busa is ure statement bike right? And don't tell me its about money...……. I know better...… I got friends in Newport news Virginia...… lets ride.

Arch.... when are u going turbo? U have tossed the idea out there man.... and the busa is ure statement bike right? And don't tell me its about money...……. I know better...… I got friends in Newport news Virginia...… lets ride.
I'm just not a power guy Ali. I love being able to ride the Busa through the cornfields and then on the track at VIR. Turning is my favorite thing and if I was younger I would have a Gixxer 1K in the garage setup for the track. I don't think you would like riding with me frankly, I ride like an old man!

I don't know honestly. Never even been on a stretched bike. Won't lower it. I'm already tall, I do not want to lower it. Maybe sometime down the line get a wider tire, or see if there is a one sided swing arm kit. But I would like a better fit bike for myself while trying to maintain the power.

Going riding Saturday with my friend Zeb ~ got rid of his R1 & bought a new H2 *

Perhaps your next bike will be an H2 ?

Cool, I didn't know they made the H2 this year again, I thought it was 17 only.
Looking forward to the details.
I'm sure you'll get us pics and video, and vs Busa comparison.

Cool,
I didn't know they made
the H2 this year again ,
I thought it was 17 only .

Looking forward to the details .

I'm sure you'll get us pics and video,
and vs Hayabusa comparison .

Zebula had to order his H2 carbon through Kawasaki ~ they are still building them per customer order *

Perhaps that is what Suzuki should have done ~ with the 2008 B - King blower bike *

A fender eliminator can be made with some cheap angle brackets too, beats $100 aftermarket part.
There are license plate bolts available with lights in them too, if your state requires them.
I found that I needed to make my own because the license plate holes do not match up with the bracket holes in the mudflap. It was not too difficult. Heat up a some aluminum straps and bend it. I did not heat it and one cracked at the fatigued bent area. You tube the aluminum bending technique. It works great. Basicall heat it until it glows where the flame is directed then grab with sheet metal pliers and bend. It's like bending lead and no fatigue.

guy who wants a lot of power. No turbo for me. I just want it to look and sound pretty. Just a little extra power won't hurt. The bike scares me enough. Putting a turbo on it might really scare me.

That's good it scares you, M1B. Be careful, right about at the two year mark is where riders often crash because they think they are experienced enough to handle the bike. I started on my ZX-14 but I was very cautious for for a long time. I take some calculated risks now but if the question ever comes up as to whether or not I will crash, I don't do it. I haven't crashed either the 14 or the busa yet (knock on wood).

I'm going with a simple slip on exhaust. Never found a need for a full system and there isnt a full system out there that I like. Sounds like you are a very reserved rider which is never a bad thing and sounds as though you don't necessarily want to make gobs of power. With that said, I'd recommend slip ons and save the money.

I agree with Sixpack, the chassis set up is number one priority, or, if you have the cash to burn, do the exhaust and air filter/remapping/flash and suspension/brakes all at once.
It will transform the bike into some other animal you will just LOVE to ride.
In fact, relationship issues may/most likely arise because of this, so be prepared for that also. :rolleyes: ( sorry to be the bearer of THAT news! )

I'm going with a simple slip on exhaust. Never found a need for a full system and there isnt a full system out there that I like. Sounds like you are a very reserved rider which is never a bad thing and sounds as though you don't necessarily want to make gobs of power. With that said, I'd recommend slip ons and save the money.

Getting rid of the catalytic converter by getting a full exhaust is worth it in itself.
The reduction in heat is very noticeable.

Depending what direction of Omaha you are I’m about a hour away. Need help with anything always welcome to bring it down and I’ll give you a hand.
I'm actually outside of Omaha. I live in Fremont, ne. Thanks to everyone for the advice and help. I will check with dealer and upgrading my front suspension. And getting better braking up front. Exhaust is expensive so that will have to wait until next year. I will probably go with full Brocks system because I want the sound and hear reduction. The heat to my right leg is an annoyance when I ride with shorts on. Where do you live Matthew? I wouldn't mind finding some people to ride with. I'm new around here.

Back