D&D Exhaust SLip on's vs. Full system

JD3

Registered
Can any of you give me an opinion on D&D exhaust? I am looking for high quality and great sound. Unfortunately, I am not really that knowledgable on the subject of exhaust.

Thanks all- JD3

D&D & High quality? uhhhh....NO!

Akrapovic

Hindle

HMF

Yosh

Tsugiki

Thats high quality.
beerchug.gif

(JD3 @ Apr. 28 2007,10:32) Can any of you give me an opinion on D&D exhaust? I am looking for high quality and great sound. Unfortunately, I am not really that knowledgable on the subject of exhaust.

Thanks all- JD3
Don't waste your $$$ on bolt-ons or anything from D+D if you're looking for quality.

Go with a full system
wink.gif

Being that I am not knowledgable on the subject- can you reccomend a full system manufacturer and explain some of the advantages of each.

Thanks,
JD3

(nitrousjunkie @ Apr. 28 2007,10:37) D&D & High quality? uhhhh....NO!

Akrapovic

Hindle

HMF

Yosh

Tsugiki

Thats high quality.
beerchug.gif
Any of these ^^^^ would be a good choice
wink.gif

Sorry but i loved my D&D bolt on's. Sounded great not overpriced like the rest. Almost kinda sad that they are comming of in a couple of weeks for the turbo and dump pipe.

I love my D&D full. I think they are great quality and sound good. A little easier on the wallet as well.

(JD3 @ Apr. 29 2007,00:55) Being that I am not knowledgable on the subject- can you reccomend a full system manufacturer and explain some of the advantages of each.

Thanks,
JD3
Akrapovic: Fit,looks,finish and results are clearly 1 of the best,downside:$$$$$$$

Yosh: What else can you say? Suzuki & Yosh go together like PB&J!!! Excellent finish and moderately priced.

HMF: 1 of the best lookin (IMO) and results are incredible! Weld are very nice,fit....Has to be installed perfect or it WILL melt plastics.

Hope this helps,lets see if I can help you make up your mind:

Sisters_3.JPG

Thanks for the advice and pix. When you say "meting plastic" what are the installation gotcha's

(JD3 @ Apr. 29 2007,01:43) Thanks for the advice and pix. When you say "meting plastic" what are the installation gotcha's
Gotcha is: There should be atleast 1/8 inch clearance between header tubes and plastic, gotcha is put the supplied insulating material where its supposed to go(pics are included) and for good measure I wrapped my system all the way to the X-Pipe.

Now I understand! Thanks for the pix and the description. I take it the performance is excellent and sound is killer?

JD3

(JD3 @ Apr. 29 2007,01:54) Now I understand! Thanks for the pix and the description. I take it the performance is excellent and sound is killer?

JD3
You would be correct sir,Nathan (Pipefighter) has a clip up somewhere here.

(marlboroman71818 @ Apr. 28 2007,11:22) Sorry but i loved my D&D bolt on's. Sounded great not overpriced like the rest. Almost kinda sad that they are comming of in a couple of weeks for the turbo and dump pipe.
Maybe JD3 can make a deal with you on your D&D's??

I've got them on my 02 and I really like the sound of mine too....

I have the Tsukigi and I can't say enough about it. The build quality is top notch, fit, finish etc. is on par with all the top systems out there. It can be had in full stainless or Titanium with either an oval or round muffler, and the sound is amazing. I got mine from Greg at HPC.

Here is a couple of pics:

DSC00049.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

Back