Sliders

Nudder.
They came on the bike when I bought them so I have no idea who they are made by.

100_1992.jpg

I was doing some research on older posts, and there was a no drill slider outfit in the UK, but the price was about $238.00. I wonder if any enterprizing americans fabricated any?

I've HEARD nightmare stories about the no-drill ones failing under a hard crash, but not a simple fallover.

I believe it to if you think about all that pressure having all that leverage as they are extended out and away from the mounting point.

Damn HB, you sure those aren't supposed to be for your feet?

Look like they would hold up very well...and look longer than usual as well.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 15 2007,00:04) Damn HB, you sure those aren't supposed to be for your feet?

Look like they would hold up very well...and look longer than usual as well.
I do put my feet on them
laugh.gif

Saved my arse once

(hayabusa john @ Jan. 15 2007,00:04) Heavy, are those the 5" ext. sliders that work at 80 mph?
bowdown.gif
Those are the ones, the bolt in the slider bent but kept the bike off of my leg and those are the original front farrings and nose.
super.gif

First hand testimonial, I called the maker about the bent bolt and they claim it is made to bend so this it does not damage the engine mount.

Monster: If you get a minute, I'd like to hear about the tool you made to install the sliders. I assume it was used to center your cut on the fairing. I just got my bike last Wednesday, and plan on getting sliders on before riding season here. Since I tend to be a perfectionist, i don't want to have any more gap around my sliders than necessary. Thanks!

I have a set of Vortex sliders sitting here ready to be mounted.

1. Purchased these because I know a lot of guys have Vortex, you can easily replace the puck heads and they are locally HQ here if any problems should arise (for what that's worth). Are these as good as any other sliders?

2. What kind of drilling head fixture will I need to make the cut?

3. Also, I've been told to leave at least an 1/8" space around the slider because you don't want the slider touching your fairing or damaging it if it bends in a fall. Is this correct?

4.Will using a dremmel sander for finishing mess the fiberglass up? Not sure how fiberglass will respond to the high RPM dremmel.

I dremeled my left a little to get it close to the bolt cup without cutting all the way through it. The dremel cuts it like hot butter so be very careful and use next to no pressure.

and by the way, sliders will not help when dragging along a curb....I know.

(hayabusa john @ Jan. 14 2007,22:49) I was doing some research on older posts, and there was a no drill slider outfit in the UK, but the price was about  $238.00. I wonder if any enterprizing americans fabricated any?
we have in stock for $185

Back