Sliders

mortrhodie

Registered
I have frame sliders. Wondering what is a good brand of swing arm sliders. Black will do. Found some on e-bay for $8.95, just wondering if they are any good or not.
I could not find a previous site about this topic. Maybe I,m not lookin, in the right place.
If this has already been a topic sorry.

You cant go wrong with any type of swing arm slider.....try to get the spool type so you can use a rear stand with them.

(Devil Dog @ Dec. 26 2006,13:07) You cant go wrong with any type of swing arm slider.....try to get the spool type so you can use a rear stand with them.
+1

don't buy delrin or nylon sliders without an aluminum insert. They will mushroom when you torque them.

(BigBSBusa @ Dec. 27 2006,14:20)
(Devil Dog @ Dec. 26 2006,13:07) You cant go wrong with any type of swing arm slider.....try to get the spool type so you can use a rear stand with them.
+1
Good advice, I can powder coat any set of spools you get. LMK.

But I will tell you that the exhaust can wont let the arm hit the ground on my bike.

The sliders that was thinkin' 'bout on ebay were delrin. I won't get them if there will be a shroom prob. They also have some made out of alum. What's ya'lls opinon on these. They sound like the ticket, what do ya think?
I know the cans are out there, and the good Lord knows I don't wanna drop my scoot, but if I do drop it at speed or standin' still I don't wanna blow $600.00 on a swing arm or what ever they cost. I reckon it would cost the insurance deductable now that I think of it.
I also need a way to clean and lube my chain regulary with out much hassle, so we're back to the swing arm sliders.
Man I can turn mole hill into a mountain.

I've put on the sliders and am now looking for a bike lift. There is a T-Rex brand on e-bay, front and rear for $80 somethin bucks. Have any of ya'll had experience with this brand of lift? If so whats your take on it. Any different ideas?

I just got a set of T-Rex stands today. So far i've assembled them and put the bike on them once. Plenty sturdy as far as I can tell, and you certainly can't beat the price! ($105.00 shipped)
super.gif

I like the suzuki race stand for the rear, I can't find one for the front.  So, I went with BitBull for the front.  I have compared the rear stand with the pitbull rear stand, and the suzuki seems to be a little better.  See Picture Below....

DSC03348.jpg

i think youll have to worry about your pipe scratching up your swing arm in the event of a fall more than it getting road rashed
lurk.gif

i wonder if it would be possible to get some pictures posted on here of bikes with sliders on them

(RCKTMAN @ Jan. 06 2007,17:27) i wonder if it would be possible to get some pictures posted on here of bikes with sliders on them
Why yes...

Resized_1.jpg

What brand of sliders has anyone found to be best for protecting the plastic in a minor dump (gravel happens). And what about a no cut option also.
newbie.gif

(hayabusa john @ Jan. 09 2007,00:38) What brand of sliders has anyone found to be best for protecting the plastic in a minor dump (gravel happens). And what about a no cut option also.
newbie.gif
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
There are so many different brands but I know a bunch of guys use Vortex - a bit pricy but you can replace the puck in the event that you drop it, you wouldn't have to replace the entire slider. I recently did my own sliders - they came out flawless. A perfect 16th" all the way around. I made a tool to help find the exact spot that you need to drill. I'd be more then happy to walk you through it you when or if you decide to do it
beerchug.gif

sliders3.jpg

sliders1.jpg

for those who have sliders did u install them(was it hard) or have someone else do it(was it expensive)?

Back