Frame Sliders???

dragoon6779

Registered
I just got a busa and it has no frame sliders.

Are they good and what type? I like the notion of non drilling ones, but don't rreally know my options.

However, I figure frame sliders is not something to skimp on and good ones are worth every dollar.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Site. And yeah, frame sliders can save you some grief. BUT, they do make a NO CUT frame slider. Some like them, some don't. The majority on here cut their fairings (I am NOT one) . But you need to know, frame sliders ONLY help in slow speed falls. As in walking speeds. I personally don't like them because I think 1) , the no cut frame sliders (by the way you attach them) will probably bend your frame in a real get off, and 2) the others will just bend and damage your fairing anyway in a real get off. But yeah, if you just drop the bike, or are going 20mph or less, they probably help  
beerchug.gif

I think they help if you drop your bike or low speed crashes will help save your bike. I did like them at first until my uncle drop my bike moving it in his drive way. Now i got the 5 1/2 in sliders from supply n demand.

1BAD2K_resize_pics__42_.jpg

Thank you all for your responses. I will check on those same sliders I saw, they look nice.

I have to admit to once laying over my CBR1000f in 7 years. LOL. One day, I thougt the kick stand was down, and the CBR is considerably heaver then the busa, but it was a slow drop lol.

It is the small drop and such that might make them worth it.

So thanks again.

Frame sliders? GET THEM!  I just took a tumble off my bike this past Friday... a woman cut me off and I lost the balance of the bike because the front tires locked up in gravel and sand. I was going about 25-30 MPH (not slow speed) and the bike went off on its left side. After the commotion of telling me to 'stay down' until the police and paramedics arrived, I told them I was OK, got up and brushed off the dirt and sand off my leather jacket (thank God I was wearing it instead of my mesh jacket!). After the check out in the ambulance, I went over and expected to see major damage to my bike, but to my surprise, the frame slider did its job to a tee! Half my slider's rubbed away (I bought the lighted sliders) but there is minimum damage to my fairings (minor scratches near the top), my crank case cover has scratches and may be cracked (easy replacement at about $60) and the leading edge of my left muffler (no big deal... its the factory muffler I'm going to change anyway). Frame sliders are definately worth getting. don't be such a stickler about the cutting. Don't get them and have that fairing crack or get scratched, you'll be wishing otherwise. I'm ordering another set for my bike this weekend for anything else that might happen in my future. I hope you really consider your options.

I bid you peace.

Race  
race.gif

(dragoon6779 @ Jun. 19 2007,12:53) I just got a busa and it has no frame sliders.

Are they good and what type?  I like the notion of non drilling ones, but don't rreally know my options.

However, I figure frame sliders is not something to skimp on and good ones are worth every dollar.
Been on the fence on the sliders also but after reading several posts this past week on crashes and the resulting value of the sliders I am putting a set on tomorrow.

I straddled the fence for a while on this topic too but after getting my custom paint, I knew I needed it...better to have them on rather than replacing plastics....new front cowls run around 650.00 from a dealer...I know you could probably find them cheaper than that, but I paid about $65 to my door for these polished sliders...did the install myself... little better "peace of mind" now....see ya, Chris

100_4434copy.jpg

Back