Slammed & stretched 08...

ZosoBusa01

Registered
my 01 got stolen a couple months ago, and am looking to get an 08 Busa...but I have heard you cant lower it hardly any in the back or it will rub the tire due to the new low tail. If this is the case, I'm looking to get a zx14 instead...I cant have a bike unless its stretched and slammed....any help on how the 08 looks lowered would be great. Thanks...I really want a Zuk!

Where are people coming up with this BS stuff...
rock.gif

You can slam and stretch the bike just like before. If you search on here, there are several pics of lowered bikes already and a couple with 240+ tire conversions stretched.

How long are you trying to go with it...?

Looking to put an Adams 6-9 inch....pbly right in the middle, 7 or 8 inches most likely. Ya'll sure it can be done...heard many people say otherwise??

anythign can be done... Are the people saying it can't be done actually own a new busa? Have they already tried it? What interferes exactly? Maybe you shold ask them a few more questions...

You could slam it down as low as you want just need to clearance things.... (example: extand the mounting point for the lower subframe mount would pitch the tail to give more space. Might have to trim the front of the seat depending on how much you pitch the subframe.)

There IS a confirmed issue with a stretched arm and lowering.  The new design of the tail light takes up more room than before and if you lower the bike enough you run the risk of hitting it.  Sounds like they made a little more room for the lowered non-stretched guys.  Here's a quote from 2fst4u2c:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
FYI for everyone.  I am on the 2nd prototype and still finding little nuances to change to make this one fit very well.  Some issues have been the tail-light assembly in the body work gives you little room to extend the swingarm and still drop the bike down lower.  I'm also waiting for Catalyst and AirTech to finish their new rear bodywork.
Suzuki did a great job in giving room for the tire to drop in the wheel well but left little room for electronics.  I'm trying to create the best of both worlds.
If you have any suggestions for me, now is the time while I'm in the prototype stages.

Thanks,

Guy Caputo
Tiger Racing[/quote]

The fat tire bike shown above probably has an air ride on it or something, cause that tire will hit the tail on the first bump if ridden like it is.

Thats what I've been told...looks like too much of a problem for me...I can say, it was fun being a Suzuki rider...but I just might have to get a 14. 2 weeks to make up my mind though....God I'm going to miss the Busa!

Looking at tht pic it seems you can slam it OR stretch it. It doesn't appear you can go with like a 3 inch drop and a 5 inch stretch though. Seems to be either/or.

I guess the real qusetion should have been can you slam AND stretch the new Busa by purchasing OFF THE SHELF items...
lurk.gif

When I dropped and stretched my 01 it rubs a hole in the storage compartment and sometimes touches the tail light. If you want to deviate from stock form you are going to have to give up something no matter what you go with. Ask some of the 14 guys how they fair with the oil pan when they drop their bikes. I have already heard of two back home that bust theirs. Some of them will deny it. Just visit your local KawaSucki stealer and take a look under the bottome and see that drain plug smile at you!

whistling.gif
Is that elect module Zuk stuck in front and under the link area of the rear wheel on the 08 the rectifier or a PEEU33, hyper, warpfactor"6", space/modulator? How could anything electronic live in that area? Has any moved it to another place yet?  
cool.gif

you cant slam a kawacrappy since the oil pan drain plug will rip off then you have to sleeve and jb weld and its still a kawacrappy... and then something more important is that the frame might split open and the motor will fall out...like the oil commercial looking for new oil....it will run when the new busa pulls up on the scene...buy a busa!!!! pack firepower
guns.gif

if your gona strech it that much get a tiger tail . the rectifier can be moved and suzuki left enough wire to move it just about anywhere , per brocks article .

The tail light refrence about rubbing i'm sure is pertaining to really low bikes. Try inspecting the tail in person for yourself before negating the bike all together. If you want a 14, then buy one. Don't try to justify a purchase on some he said/she said crap.

amen Paul-this stuff always comes down to presonal pref., not what somebody else likes-

I put my bike out 9" FWIW, and it rode like CRAP with the spring turned sooper-tite just to keep the undertail off the tire...now w/my new suspension it rides better than when I had it all stock!!!! (IMO) Im 3'4" down in front w/a new triple n 2" down in back w/dogbones....my wife likes the ride better stretched n lowered than when it was factory too!!! course, now she has a Tobin to sit on too, so that helps alot too.
beerchug.gif

Back