stretched and slammed

08KAWKILLER

Registered
has anyone stretched and slammed there 2008 busa and had a problem with the back tire rubbing under the undertail i have really bad wear on my undertail just wanted to know if there was a way to stop the problem my busa is lowered to the #2 hole on my drop link and i even have my shock turned hard all the way please leave some info

Trade your fat girlfriend in on a midget might help :rofl:

I don't think there are any sure cures for your problem. Most everyone with a stretched and slammed busa seems to have some issues to deal with.

I have a nice little hole in my undertail because I was lowered 2 inches, and my wife aint fat! ??? I raised her back to stock, but you could raise it one hole and be fine.

How much stretch? Anything over 3-4" and you will have rubbing problems!! the only other thing you could do is buy some Soupy's Adjustable lowering links......This will let you "fine tune" ride height, And also tighten the "pre-load" on yo rear shock.
I'm @ 4 over(250lbs) and have NO issue's, even with 2 up riding(But wife's only 120lbs) :beerchug:

101_0296.jpg

Same issue when riding 2up... I just have a slight rub though, I have a small crack in the light... It might be lowered an inch or two... 10 inch stretch... preload is all most maxed out...

How do you get away with your plate infront of the tire? It has to be readable from 30 ft.

if your talking about mine. i haven't had any problems with the police but most know who i am and they know that i show this bike, i do ride it alot but ride the 109 to and from work and to SA,Tx to get parts for the job. i dont know how im getting away with no muffler tho ...

you need to have your shock revalved and rebuilt to compensate for the stretch.I stretched mine (02) 6" and she was slammed with brocks fully adj lowering links.I weigh 290 and she didnt budge

traxxion dynamics...$275 to rebuild to specs, rider weight and stretch

look at the difference here

blue spring(1300lb rating) is rebuilt with a 1" spacer, it is an 08 shock

new shock.jpg

Last edited:
I have a nice little hole in my undertail because I was lowered 2 inches, and my wife aint fat! ??? I raised her back to stock, but you could raise it one hole and be fine.

On normal run of the mill dog bones you have a 2" drop and a 4" drop. It was on bottom hole or middle. Curious, cause Im lowering mine this winter and dont wanna rub. Talked to dealer, they lowered one and had to order some other spring or something 4 it. Let me know what you come up with.

you need to have your shock revalved and rebuilt to compensate for the stretch.I stretched mine (02) 6" and she was slammed with brocks fully adj lowering links.I weigh 290 and she didnt budge

traxxion dynamics...$275 to rebuild to specs, rider weight and stretch

look at the difference here

blue spring(1300lb rating) is rebuilt with a 1" spacer, it is an 08 shock

I was looking for a company that can revalve my rear GenII shock. I was looking at the traxxion dynamics site and saw nothing regarding rear shock rebuilds for busas. Is this something they do a lot of. Can anyone else recomend a rear shock builder for dragracing?

I was looking for a company that can revalve my rear GenII shock. I was looking at the traxxion dynamics site and saw nothing regarding rear shock rebuilds for busas. Is this something they do a lot of. Can anyone else recomend a rear shock builder for dragracing?

Traxxion, olhin's, racetech.....cant go wrong with any of them! JMO :beerchug:

How do you get away with your plate infront of the tire? It has to be readable from 30 ft.

I had my plate in the same position on my '06. I had spoken with a DPS officer (while he had me pulled over in my truck with the bike on a trailer) if the place was legal in its current location.

He informed me that in accordance with Texas law. The plate is legal due to the fact there was no other location located behind the seat(considered cab area) that the plate could be placed.(Being that I did remove the mud-flap).

The law may not really state that but that is what I was told.... so that is what I go with.

Back