Single sided RAM swingarm on Hayabusa

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Since the installation of the RAM arm on the Hayabusa the bike is lighter, brakes better, and is quicker to adjust a chain (three minutes).

The installation is really simple and straight forward, a couple of glitches but they are easily delt with now that I have paved the way through them.

Anyone interested in this installation and the things "you need" before the installation, just ask and I will forward the information. The product is sold with out any real manual or installation sheet other than torque specs. The brake bleeding procedure is differant than offered at the RAM web site, all simple enough but could eat up a lot of time to the uninformed.

Certain special tools are required for the installation and which I offer on a loan basis with a refundable deposit.

The prices as listed on the RAM site are stable and the only other option on wheels are the Dymag's which are currently some what unavailable from Dymag.

The wheels offered from RAM are Magnesium Marchesini's (gold with a clear coat finish).

Michael @ hemillard@snet.net

Hey Mike,

I'm still waiting for an email from you. I hope you still have the pipe too. Please let me know when it's a good time to call you.

Ride Safe, RJ

I don't remember seeing it posted, but is RAM arm of stock length, couple inches over, or can you order to size? Thanks, Jack.

The pipe still has Roberto's name on it,I called your office earlier.

I just returned from NY with a truck full of polished and powder coated goodies (Chuck).

The RAM swingarm is a hair longer than OEM requiring the addition of one link in the chain, standard supplied sprocket is a 40t.

The arm is available in just the one length as any others would require a new casting.
The arms are available in aluminum for the most part as the mag units are much more money with an excessive lead time for the three pound differance.

A 220 mm rear rotor is standard and a 242 is optional (with a further option of twin calipers).

The addition of an Ohlins shock with adjustable length makes for a lot of adjustment in regards to rake of the fork.

The axle is carried on an eccentric so the ride height is also adjustable with just the RAM arm and stock shock till the budget allows for a custom build Ohlins unit.

The unit also comes with a carbon fiber hugger and stainless lines for the supplied Brembo caliper/s. You really get quite a bit for your money as it is much more than just a swingarm.

The RAM products are RAM, not a pirated Ducati product with a new name.

...well when ya gonna call, big fella? I can't email ya yet, still got a virus...want to talk about some parts, if you got any left...

Where did you get your RAM Swing arm and do they have a website and I am interested in the instructions on how to install one. Does it ride any diferently and did you save weight by going to the ram. Thanks.

Have you tried to launch the bike yet. If so how's the handling, does it pull to one side, or is it stable. I like the look.

KawAbuser...tried to call just before 12 today...finished CRV sooner than I thought...I could swing by if I left NOW, or else it will have to wait...

RAM aluminum single sided swingarm includes,

Aluminum swingarm, gold bicromate finish
Brembo caliper and 220mm rotor
Swingarm pivot bearings (installed)
Braided stainless steel line
Carbon fiber Hugger / chain guard
$2,260 plus crate and shipping

Optional:
242mm Rotor with twin Brembo calipers, and stainless lines
$193
--------------------------------------------
Rear Wheel - RAM spec Marchesini
(Gold Magnesium - 5 spoke)
$815 plus crate and shipping

Front Wheel - Marchesini
(Gold Magnesium - five spoke)
$754 plus crate and shipping

Dymag also makes RAM spec wheels to match existing Dymags, Special Order (lead time ?)

No strange pull or quirks, keep in mind the same design part won at Daytona with Doug Chandler piloting a Muzzy ZX7, it is just a better and lighter way of riding down the road......

And the process continues,

KawAbuser thanks for the call, you are a welth of knowledge and that bike of yours is awsome. I hope to see you at Laguna Seca.

Back