sight listing GOOD foods?

(BigDiesel @ Feb. 01 2007,07:44) just want to add-make sure to check YOUR BMI(body mass index) and see what YOUR specific caloric intake should be....on days where you sit around-dont need to eat as much, but on active days?-you may need even more than what is listed.
When you over-work your muscles (ie:hard work...not typing w/one hand n holding a heavy coffe mug FULL OF CROWN ROYAL w/the other-that dont count....GREG!
all_coholic.gif
) they begin to burn thru nutrients faster-n calories-so small portions help this process along too...the "scheduled diet" thing is hard to do, but if you can follow it, I gaurentee just by lowering portions size n spreading the food out over more time??? you will lose unwanted fat. Add to that a nice excercise plan-be it running, elliptical, machines or free weights; you will definitely be on the road to better health!
super.gif

take some before n after shots-its a great motivator to see what you can accomplish in just one month!
what are these "Active days" you speak of? ? I do computer junk and that is HALF my problem. I don't DO ANYTHING anymore. NO physical exercise as a manager. And I miss it. So, I'm looking for an ACTIVE job again. I have an electronic scale that gives me fat% and water% and I'm logging those number daily. And I have a workout DVD set that I have yet to start

Travis, I peaked at 202 and realized it was too much for me. Now I'm at 193 and plan on dropping more. ASAP!

I weighed this morning.

down to 177.0

I'll be below 175 before I know it. 7 weeks in.
beerchug.gif

wow! Good job! I went up a couple last few weeks... couple be no job, laying around doing nothing - but I start Monday after next, back into an ACTIVE job! Can't weight! Get it "weight" BAHAHHAHHAHAA

for the type of results i am trying to accomplish, i have cut out all fried foods. the only way i prepare my meat is grilled baked or broiled. it is best to do your running or excercise in the mornings, before u eat anything, so your body will burn stored fat. a daily excersice regimen followed by good eating habits will def help ya shed the pounds. the key to the veggies and fruits is to find something that u really like and make good use of it. i am not a huge fruit and veggie fan but i do like tomatoes and pineapples. therefor i buy a ton of chunked pineapples and grape tomatoes and use a fat free ranch for dipping. watch the kinds of things u dress up your food with.. ie mayo, cheeses, etc. cut down on your caffeine intake and drink more water. another thing that u can do is change the way u eat meaning take smaller bites to trick your body into thinking u have actually ate alot. example, instead of taking a bite of a whole pretzel rod, eat the top half first and then the bottom half, if that makes any sense. these are jsut a few things that i do. i am by no means a personal trainer or nutritionist, but i am into building a nice frame and i am down to 13.6% body fat from 19.4%. i havent lost any weight, but i have shed alot of fat and put on a ton of muscle mass. the only thing holding my gut back, which isnt all that bad, is the beer on the weekends. also, a good multivitamin once a day doesnt hurt either. and if you really want an energy boost, try a supplement by the name of Lean Fire. when im using that and im at the gym i feel like i can lift a house. i usually pay for it the next day but atleast i know i put in a good workout. if u are able to make it into the gym, u want to focus on a high rep low weight plan. u wanna get your heart rate up, which in turn speeds up metabolism, which in turn, helps the body burn fat. atleast 30 mins of cardio is recommended atleast 4 days a week. if running isnt an option, and u cant get an eliptical right away, a good high paced walk thru the neighborhood will work jsut fine. u can take this for what its worth, but these are all things i have learned thru my extensive time spent in the gym.

good luck with the diet and i hope u achieve your target weight.

(Black Bird Killer @ Jan. 30 2007,16:23) This wont help bet dont they look tasty.  Rice Krispy treats, dipped in chocolate thrice
super.gif
Wifey makes them and sells them on Egay
PM me with your wifes ebay screen name I hafta get me some of those.
Thanks now I hungry again!

finally down to 175. Took 8 weeks to lose 20lbs. Then another 3weeks to lose 2lbs more. Still gonna keep with it until I get into the body I want.
super.gif

Actually ellipticals and stairmasters are very bad for your knees. I did the Southbeach diet and lost about 23 lbs instantly, while using the elliptical and now my right knee is in pain. While talking to a physical therapist, looks like walking/treadmill is the best for you. Might want to look into it, everything this guy said to me made sense and now i am trying to stick to walking for my cardio/fat burning.

I don't have any problem with my knees at all and have been working out on an eliptical for over 2 months with no problems.

(fstbusa @ Mar. 10 2007,12:31) I don't have any problem with my knees at all and have been working out on an eliptical for over 2 months with no problems.
Well I was using the elliptical for about a year, and I cranked on that elliptical too... then I started having issues.

I have always found elipiticals uncomfortable because they don't follow the natural path of my feet when walking or running. They are supposed to be low impact, which is supposed to be better for your knees, but I wasn't going to try to force my legs to learn a new path, so I prefer a treadmill.

Back