Shinko on.

shadetree57

Registered
Well, The new tire came today and is mounted, balanced andback on the bike. I must say, the hardest part was getting the backside of the tire off the rim. Help me out guys, That's not supposed to be that difficult. Also it took one and a half ounces of weight to balance it. Is that normal? I've watched numerous tire changing videos but they were changing front tires. These 190s are a bugger. least for me they are. Well, we got it done and on the stand it seems to be smooth. I'll try it out tomorrow on the road. Any tire changing, balancing feedback will be appreciated. Yea, I searched everything on tires before I started. Take Care All.:cheerleader:

I just put my tires on today. They are Shinko 009's. I got the 200 rear. It was a fit to put that on. I might be wrong but I was told by a buddy of mine years ago that the sport tires almost never need balancing. If so they are slightly off and that amount is very minimal. Someone who knows might chime in soon. I got to test mine out tomorrow myself.

when you mount them your supposed to line up the red dot on the tire's sidewall with the valve stem on the rim...thats the lightest part of the tire on the heavest part of the rim...if you dont line that up right you wil lbe adding alot of wieght, i have had 3 shinko's on my rear balance perfect when doing them this way and 2 that needed only 1/4 oz

btw my brand new pirreli angel st's have the red dots as well

when you mount them your supposed to line up the red dot on the tire's sidewall with the valve stem on the rim...thats the lightest part of the tire on the heavest part of the rim...if you dont line that up right you wil lbe adding alot of wieght, i have had 3 shinko's on my rear balance perfect when doing them this way and 2 that needed only 1/4 oz

btw my brand new pirreli angel st's have the red dots as well
Yep, Lined the dot up with the stem perfectly. Don't understand it.

Same thing happened with my Pirrelli slicks mounted by Pirrelli...lined up they took almost 1.25 ozs. They tried remounting and repositioning, in the end while manufacturing is solid things happen with tires. You'll be fine if you get it balanced out.

As for difficulty on mounting the back tire, are you using a No-Mar system or doing it by hand. If my hand, are you using a lube to wet the tire before hand? There are a couple of tricks if your doing it by hand...but by hand is the hardest.

Same thing happened with my Pirrelli slicks mounted by Pirrelli...lined up they took almost 1.25 ozs. They tried remounting and repositioning, in the end while manufacturing is solid things happen with tires. You'll be fine if you get it balanced out.

As for difficulty on mounting the back tire, are you using a No-Mar system or doing it by hand. If my hand, are you using a lube to wet the tire before hand? There are a couple of tricks if your doing it by hand...but by hand is the hardest.
We did it by hand and i've mounted a few tires before but I think the width is what makes it difficult. We did use lube. The Shinko went on pretty easy. It'll probably take a few mountings before I get the hang of it. Thanks everyone for your help.

Back