Tire Changers??? Do you DIY?

Ok since I am new to the Busa and found that the rear tire only last about 3K miles I have decided I want to start changing out my tires myself and using dyna beads to balance them.

How many of you change your own tire and what type of device are you using.
Not intrerested in the 12' electrical taped screw drivers or crow bars. looking for a 100% scratch free safe tire changer.
What model, how much did you pay for yours? How does it work?

I have the No-Mar Classic and am quite happy with the setup. I paid retail because I am impatient and they had free shipping. :D

You have your answer. Never bought the no-mar bar because it would cost more than my set up did. I have a few scratches, but don't care. I could have used rim protectors and taken a little more time and prevented it, but just don't care about a few little scratches.

On the other hand, two tire changes at the shop will cost about the same as the no-mar bar. It's the way to go.

3K :whistle:

Oh, and just a friendly reminder, take time that you don't ever touch a rotor. It's easy to do when fighting a tire, and those dayum things bend if you look at them wrong. I have a front rotor on the garage floor from '07 that cost $250.00. A friend was helping me out :laugh:

Oh, and just a friendly reminder, take time that you don't ever touch a rotor. It's easy to do when fighting a tire, and those dayum things bend if you look at them wrong. I have a front rotor on the garage floor from '07 that cost $250.00. A friend was helping me out :laugh:

Thats funny but not. I have an expensive "trophy" hanging on my wall as a little reminder. :whistle:

I use the Harbor Freight stuff and we did a set of CBR rims 2 days ago and didn't put a single scratch on them. Used rim savers and lots of dish soap.

I would love to get a no mar bar one day...we'll see.

If you still have that rotor pm me...

Posted using my HTC EVO with tapatalk.

I have three spoons, rim savers and a HF bead breaker, I do mine on the garage floor on a piece of carpet. Everything cost me less than $50.

Back