Tire Changer

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
I got tired of taking tires and wheels to have them changed. A trip to Harbor Freight and now I can do the job at home or on the road.
Approx $100 for the changer, $50 for the balance stand and $110 for the nomar mount/demount bar. Nomar has a better bar for MC wheels.

IMG_2909.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

IMG_2918.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

I still can not believe I did not think of bolting mine to the bike rack..

should have included a better pic of the "no mar" bar

I still can not believe I did not think of bolting mine to the bike rack..

should have included a better pic of the "no mar" bar

I was going to, but.......... what would you have to say then? :laugh:

I will post one later at half time.

Nice setup! I just found out last week that the one we use for our cars at the shop will work on the Busa wheel!:thumbsup:

Nice Steve, you should bring it with you when on the road with Doug.
Doyle

Big Steve,
I have the same one, truthfully, I found it easier not to use anything but the bead breaker - I let everything thing sit in the sun for awhile and then get it with the spoons - putting them on, all by hand if the rubber is warm enough. Need to look at the balance stand though - I used the dyna beads the last time that I changed my tires - colen and Dennis can probably attest to how big a pain that is from when we did Omar's!
The nomar bar works pretty well then?

Nice..... is that a sale price for the changer?

Yes it was on sale, or you can always save 20% with the coupons. I happened to be in the store when they had one piece on sale and used the coupon on the other. Went back another day for the balance stand and used another coupon.
Harbor Freight only allows the coupon on one item at a time.

Big Steve,
I have the same one, truthfully, I found it easier not to use anything but the bead breaker - I let everything thing sit in the sun for awhile and then get it with the spoons - putting them on, all by hand if the rubber is warm enough. Need to look at the balance stand though - I used the dynabeads the last time that I changed my tires - colen and Dennis can probably attest to how big a pain that is from when we did Omar's!
The nomar bar works pretty well then?
the "NoMar" bar is a must.. it keeps the wheels from being torn up... Obviously not as nice as a powered machine but does pretty well and you can "off/on" a tire in just a couple minutes

Last edited:
I gotta get a set up---I'm tired of spending all that money at the dealership for a change. if I don't buy the tires from him he charges even MORE for a change!!!!

Back