Help, got a tire problem

Bruce Bell

Registered
My buddy who changes my tires for me just called me up and told me he can't get the new tire on. He's got a nomar tire system. The tire is a stiffer tire then normal, it's a Dunlap road smart. He got the first side on and 3/4 of the second and he can't get it any further. Anybody have this problem? Does the tire changers in the dealer shop have more power to put it on without messing up my new tire?

I know he used liquid soap or something to lube the tire. He can try holding the tire up underneath on the opposite side or use a c-clamp in the same area. That last 1/4 or so can be a biotch.

Needs more lube. Push on the tool with your hip and pull on the handle. Did he watch the "How to videos"? Is he pushing the tire into the groove?

he's very experienced, owns six bikes, he use to race. Changed many tires. The wheel got rode on a flat ofr a little bit to get off the road to a safe place, he said he check to see if the rim got bent or dented but he said it looked fine.

What is the temperature up in Maine? I prefer to leave my tires sit on the black top driveway for several hours on a sunny 80° day. Makes all the difference in the world. I don't even attempt changing a tire on cold days.

Back