Redline Motorcycle Tire Changer

boostin20

Registered
Has anyone used the Redline motorcycle tire changer? http://www.redlinestands.com/tire-change-stand.html. It's priced right, but looks like it might not hold up to a stubborn tire. What do you all think about this stand, and how did it work for you?

cycle-tire-change-stand.jpg

harbor freight setup here with the "no mar bar" around $175 total..

Havent seen that one , But I am in the market for a changer . If anyone knows that best for the buck let me know..

I was looking at the no mar tire changer, but it's $595 which is a little out of my price range for changing my own tires. The redline is $100. I didn't understand the setup or pricing of harbor freight's changer.

at first glance that one doesn't have a bead breaker like the harbor frieght. I think the harbor frieght was only $75. The nomar attachments will run $30 for blocks and $100 for the bar, but well worth it.

Has anyone used the Redline motorcycle tire changer? http://www.redlinestands.com/tire-change-stand.html. It's priced right, but looks like it might not hold up to a stubborn tire. What do you all think about this stand, and how did it work for you?

cycle-tire-change-stand.jpg

That unit is actually manufactured by a different company and we just retail them. I started carrying them because a friend brought one over to the house to show me how to change the front tire on my Shadow 750. He had it mounted to a piece of thick plywood so that he was standing on the fixture it mounted to. Seemed pretty ingenious because it wasn't permanently mounted to the floor yet once you walk up to to use it it was then anchored through your own weight. He had a set of motion pro tire irons and he successfully changed my tire in about 20 minutes. Obviously I was impressed enough with how handy it was that I decided to carry them. He mentioned that if the bead wouldn't break by hand we would just put the tire on the ground and stand on the edge of it to break the rim. We never had to do that though because the bead on that particular tire broke very easily. Just some of my thoughts.........

Ian
www.redlinestands.com

at first glance that one doesn't have a bead breaker like the harbor frieght. I think the harbor frieght was only $75. The nomar attachments will run $30 for blocks and $100 for the bar, but well worth it.

+1 that is what I have.

He mentioned that if the bead wouldn't break by hand we would just put the tire on the ground and stand on the edge of it to break the rim. We never had to do that though because the bead on that particular tire broke very easily. Just some of my thoughts.........

Ian
www.redlinestands.com
Never had an "easy" bead myself.. most are pretty stubborn and required I make a bead breaker (unitl I had a real one).. have never tried the R.Line changer myself..

Back