thinking about buying this tire changer

I am looking at a similar set-up and you will be glad that you did it. Some people make enough to pay others to do stuff for them; I don't... I try to do as much myself as I can. Tires are a pretty simple thing to change. DO IT!!!

What about balancing?

My last set was put on and balanced by Cycle Gear and right at around 120mph I can tell the dynamic balancing was a poor job done. It's not bad, but it is there after the new set of tires.

They sell a nice balancer as well. Takes a few minutes to do it buy hand, but no issues from it. (Use to balance the GSXR Track bike tires and they are good up into the 140 range)

Use Ceramic balancing beads. No tools needed and your tire will always be balanced….always. Pashnit sells them I think?

I have the no-mar ultimate cruiser package.

It works great. Only thing I had an issue with when I first got it was learning to use enough lube on the rim and tire.:banghead:

Cruiser Ultimate Package® Tire Changer Package

DSC00801-1.jpg

I've got a tire changer, but if I was in the market this would be the one. Just remember my warnings about rotor damage.

ive changed a few hundred tires and in all honesty i dont see that center beam holding up i see it bending ... thats just my .02... i picked up a used coats 220 for $300 last year... look around you can find good commercial equipment used for the price of cheaper equipment but thats just my opinion

Witch machine are you talking about?
ive changed a few hundred tires and in all honesty i dont see that center beam holding up i see it bending ... thats just my .02... i picked up a used coats 220 for $300 last year... look around you can find good commercial equipment used for the price of cheaper equipment but thats just my opinion

ive changed a few hundred tires and in all honesty i dont see that center beam holding up i see it bending ... thats just my .02...

I have changed gold wing and car tires on mine and never come close to bending anything.

i picked up a used coats 220 for $300 last year... look around you can find good commercial equipment used for the price of cheaper equipment but thats just my opinion

The problem with most commercial machines is if the tooling gets worn or the operator slacks a little, you get torn up rims.

I have seriously considered the NoMar. Looks like a good unit. Glad this thread came up.:thumbup:

Balance Beads are the only way to go. They have come a long way since they first came out as a powder that had to be put in with a special canister attached to your compressor.

I have changed gold wing and car tires on mine and never come close to bending anything.

The problem with most commercial machines is if the tooling gets worn or the operator slacks a little, you get torn up rims.

A coats 220 isnt an automated machine its the manual machine that these were modeled after.. same risk as using one of these

NoMar in my garage as well and it is some of the best money you can spend..... Takes a few changes to get the hang of it, but once you get it down you'll be amazed at how many folks that have bikes show up at your place! :laugh: just saying

Not gonna bend that rod and I promise the NoMar ain't built cheap but I hear what your saying.
Some of the rides I've changed tires on and balanced.
Hayabusas, most if not all GSXR's, Blackbirds, VFR's, ZX-14's, Goldwings, More cruisers then I can list, and Harley's.... Including spokes, narrow front springer, Fat rear tires, it does then all.

Back