Shine runs 8.88 on stock busa at Hattiesburg,MS

V6RACER

Registered
Shine ran 8.88@166.52 at Hub City Dragway in Hattiesburg, MS yesterday.

Stock '04 SE Busa
Air shifter
Lowered
MT Shootout tire
One rotor up front
Pipe
No NOS stock motor.

That was one smooth pass..
He made others but I left the track before he made any more passes. He told some nay sayers that he was gonna run 167 right before this pass. he was pretty close..

Yeah...Shine can ride his a$$ off...I never met him but should sometime soon...He's from Memphis right down the street...
evil.gif

so when people say stock, they mean STOCK MOTOR only? you can add other stuff but still be called stock?

so when people say stock, they mean STOCK MOTOR only?  you can add other stuff but still be called stock?
It's my understanding WWJD, unless someone says "bone stock" they may only be referring to the motor. Meaning they could have straps, PC, pipe, sprockets and still refer to their machine as "stock". I had the same questions when I first purchased my Busa.

BD

That's awesome! but to me stock means stock, right off the floor. Must be a better term than "stock" for something that can have that many mods without touching the motor?
rock.gif

Ya right, STOCK!

Maybe prepped like the 1000/SS class *stock*!

No way in hell is a stock motored Busa going to pull 166-167 trap speed!
laugh.gif

That motor has probably got all the tricks done to it internally(balance & blue printed, etc.) if its a stock 1299cc motor. Unless someone forgot to mention Cams, 1397, or comb of both....no way is he pulling that kind of trap speed!

I believe the ET with the basic mods but no way that MPH with a stock motor. Not even with a light weight jockey like Dennis on it!

Josh
blues.gif

Shine ran 8.88@166.52 at Hub City Dragway in Hattiesburg, MS yesterday.

Stock '04 SE Busa
Air shifter
Lowered
MT Shootout tire
One rotor up front
Pipe
No NOS stock motor.

That was one smooth pass..
He made others but I left the track before he made any more passes. He told some nay sayers that he was gonna run 167 right before this pass. he was pretty close..
100% not trying to be a bobo, but honestly, how in the heck is that bike stock???

You said a stock busa.  Im sorry, but when i bought mine, it didnt come with an air shifter. Or lowered, or wiht race tires...

Just tryin to keep it fair.

*EDIT* oh, i just read the rest of the posts, i guess other peoples bikes didnt come witht air shifters either..

<!--EDIT|Lyrikz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1090272310 -->

We can argue the "stock" issue all day. It's irrelevent.....
Even with these mods,
Air shifter
Lowered
MT Shootout tire
One rotor up front
Pipe
No NOS stock motor
he DIDN'T run 167 mph!!

There is MORE there!

Impressive, non the less!

8's with a stock wheel base is hard to do.
thumbs-up.gif

Back