My Brother Dynoed his 06 1000 WOW

turb06LE240

Registered
As some of you know my brother bought a 2006 Gixxer 1000 rite before I bought the new Busa. Since then he has been really busy.

When he bought the bike it was bone stock with 875 miles on it, he changed the rotors, chain set, wheels, brake lines, exhaust, undertail, put rear sets, and shaved off a bunch of stock stuff he didnt need {reflectors, mirrors passanger pegs, tool kit, ect}. He got the weight down around 380 lbs.
For performance, keep in mnid all he did was a little air box work with a filter, the exhaust, and a pc3usb with a quick shifter. And the bike stock has 159.8 hp & 80 lbs of trq with a stock weight of 444 lbs. {this is from Motor Cyclist Mag, he never dynoed his stock}. Now when he took it to he local dyno to map it they came up with 176 hp! To me this is incredible, I drove the bike and it is fast, of course it feels like a toy but it corners great and throttle is super crisp...
When he bought the bike he was going to add a little NOS and shave a bunch of weight, but now hes just shaving more weight and leaving the power alone.
When he gets his income tax he is adding ohlins light weight racing suspension and looking into some new calipers that shave weight, add stopping power, and consistancy. I havent ridden it with the new stabilizer yet but he said it just keeps getting better...

But anyway I thought this was pretty impresive, he has $12K into rite now {thanks to ebay}, and it looks like hes gonna spend another 3K on suspension and brakes. So for $15K he has one he!! of a bike.
A freind of ours is getting the new Ducati 1098 so this summer I hope to have some awesome head to head vids, of them going at it. They used to have matching 03 gsxr 750's and were constantly going at it.....
Well thanks for reading, I would love to get a 1K but I feel like its to small...

I live the Gixxer 1ks, but i just feel cramped on it, it's not a comfortable ride for me, and i'm not that big. 5'10" and 190lbs.

But i fif have major back surgery (L3, L4, L5, S1 all fused) and i can't ride the 1k's for more than 20-30 min without being uncomfortable.

I have the same problem with the 1K ergos. I rodean '04 R1 and felt like I was sitting on a basketball. Great handling but not for me. As for the HP numbers on that Zook, WOW
wow.gif
. Makes you wonder if that was a generous reading, if you know what I mean.

(Red05 @ Feb. 08 2007,07:11) I have the same problem with the 1K ergos. I rodean '04 R1 and felt like I was sitting on a basketball. Great handling but not for me. As for the HP numbers on that Zook, WOW  
wow.gif
. Makes you wonder if that was a generous reading, if you know what I mean.
Yah, that is what I was thinking too, but they have a newer dynojet dyno. And I always thought his dyno was reading less hp because he dynoed my zx12r and only read 149hp--- and at the Hooters HP night {thats when hooters gets a portabel dyno and dynos bike outside the restaurant} The 12r made 168hp... This could all be from different temps and what ever else, but still same bike and almost a 20 hp difference 3 weeks later with nothing changed... Weird...

But by driving his bike comparativly speaking it feels like 175 hp!!!!! So I believe the reading.....

And that is the same probem with me, great bike but the ergos are harsh, Im 6'4" 285 {17.8% BF}, and its rough after an hour or so plus he has some crazy rear sets on it, that twist you up pretty good...

Take it down to GPW he will settle this for ya and take care of the suspension work.
beerchug.gif

The HP reading is not too far off some of the work I have seen.

Keep in mind every dyno reads differently.

I would love to see a before and after pull on the same dyno on that bike.

Anyhoo....dang impressive numbers.

I wish he dynoed it before he did the mods, but no such luck. I guess if you do the math -stock bike =160 hp +5 hp for lightening the rotating mass, then 5hp for the air box and filter, then 5 hp for the exhaust with the pc3 letting you get the most out of the bike that gives you 175, but we all know its not that easy,But I think the numbers are close...

A had a few people tell me that lightening your rotating mass doesnt make a dyno difference, but I seen it with my own eyes more than once, take a little weight off with a new rotor then a sprocket, a few more pounds with the wheel and tire it adds up fast.... It makes horse power.....

AWESOME!!!
beerchug.gif

As many of you know by now, I, too, own a K6 Gixx1K. I can attest to the power as well. The work Turb06's friend did is similar to what I wanna do. Full Yosh TRC carbon exhaust, PCIIIUSB, Quickshifter, BMC Race filter and maybe some Yosh cams. For now, I'm working on the best suspension setup and braking power b/c that's what the track requires more of. I feel my ride has more than enough power for me to harness that my money would be better spent on handling mods for now. Plus I already smoke most ppl on the straights so that should be a sign that it's not lacking any power.

The Gixx will pull pretty close to those #'s. Louie from L&L Motorsports always dynos those things at the track and the Gixx racebikes at my trackdays are always pulling around 175+rwhp and 80+ft/lbs tq. Jeremy Toye's (recent winner of Willow Springs Toyota 200) superbikes pull around 190+rwhp. It's not uncommon for a Gixx or 10R to come out of the showroom w/155+rwhp bone stock.

$15K Gixx w/mods vs. $18K 1098 w/ohlins, brembos stock. I think the Gixx is just as competitive, if not more and you get more bang for your buck.

how much can the yosh cams add?
I too have a 06 gixx 1000 and I love it! I'm 6' and weigh around 205lbs (still carrying a little holiday weight :p) and i feel a little cramped on the gixx. It's still not to bad though. I've done plenty of long distance trips and I'm fine. Not as comfortable as the busa but it more than makes up in handling...

I also want to lighten up the bike and get a full system, but I have no idea which one to get (money's short now anyways, so I'm not too worry about it), I want whichever system gives me the most power, but I havent found much info on that... everyone always says that whichever system they have is the best. lol.
smile.gif
I might end up going for the traditional yosh though...

(Lucky34 @ Feb. 08 2007,12
flamethrowingsmiley.gif
) I also want to lighten up the bike and get a full system, but I have no idea which one to get (money's short now anyways, so I'm not too worry about it), I want whichever system gives me the most power, but I havent found much info on that...
Super Streetbike did a full exhaust shootout with Lee Shierts on the GSXR1K several issues back.

You can find the complete article at http://www.leesperformance.com/articles.php?id=18&act=view

My brother didnt use a yoshi, he actually has a custom made exhaust, they took a compwerkes titanium can, and cut the back off then wleded on a bigger flange, and for the header they made it out of stainless, and designed it so its actually tuned, for the exhaust pulses to hit the collector at a specific time. It sound pretty good {took them forever to get it rite}, and looks crazy with that can sticking out of the fairing, plus it weighes practically nothing. I told him he should have them made up and put them on Ebay but he doeesnt want anyone having the same thing as him... Only costs like $500 to make it....

wow, thanks for the link! I dont have time to read it right now, but I'll check it out when I get back from class
beerchug.gif

(Lucky34 @ Feb. 09 2007,01:flamethrowing:) how much can the yosh cams add?
According to a couple of tuners at the track, degreed properly should add anywhere bet 5-8 additional hp.

busa and 1000's have pretty similar hp figures, but the busa has more torque.... but it needs it cause it's heavier.... all in all I'd say they're BOTH very very very close. The diff is on the gixxer u give up comfort for handling... I gave up the busa's comfort for the gixxers handling, and I love it! but later down the road i'll have to analyze what type of riding I do most off and pick a bike accordingly... if you're riding mostly straight road and dont have to lean TOO much, the busa would be the #1 choice. but if you're commuting around town (have to move the bike back and forth a LOT for parking and stuff, or tight turns, lots of stops, etc, and then riding aggresively on the country roads outside of town, like I do), then the Gixx would be the #1 choice. I also wanna go to a track day
smile.gif

I don't believe Ohlins suspension is any lighter than the stock stuff. Only weight savings you will see is with a titanium shock spring, but then againg the hydraulic preload adjuster adds weight to the Ohlins shock. I have the Ohlins R/T forks and didn't notice any difference in weight to the stockers. That bike does sound impressive. How bout some pics?

We have a brand new 2006 Gixxer 1000 in the shop right now with only dyno miles. Just ran it stock 152.hp and 72 foot pounds of torque. With a fuel module and a Pipercross "Race" filter only boosted it up to155. We added a full Tsukigi Racing 4 into 1 exhaust tonight and will dial it in the morning. Playing around with the Cobra Fuel module first then I will switch to the PCIII if we can get any more power out of the bike...

Back