Lightweight Brake Rotors??

Looking to shave rotating weight with lightweight rotors ...any suggestions. Also how much is stock weight of rear and front rotors vs aftermarket suggestions
Just curious why? What are you trying to achieve?

Just curious why? What are you trying to achieve?
I am going to shave weight off the bike wherever I can. Starting with rotational mass. I'm going in on this bike. I want a street killer. But I also want it to be a sleeper.

Putting a turbo carbon fiber anywhere I can besides the main fairings. Replacing nuts and screws bolts with titanium. Lightweight rotors rims sprockets. Carbon airbox gas aluminum gas tank.

I like the plan , going to be a killer streeter by the sounds once you are done . I found a set to order , Sicom ceramic rotors for my ZX14R , but I am still waiting on them for best part of year so far , and could be another year till delivery ... sure hope I dont kick the bucket while waiting lol .
I didn't want to spend the money but I thought to myself that if I invest in this bike the proper way I'll have a comfortable lightweight missile that handles and has a large fuel capacity. And that can ride a passenger comfortably. The main knock people have is that it's too heavy and can't corner. Well I already corner it just fine but with upgrades it will be a Unicorn

I didn't want to spend the money but I thought to myself that if I invest in this bike the proper way I'll have a comfortable lightweight missile that handles and has a large fuel capacity. And that can ride a passenger comfortably. The main knock people have is that it's too heavy and can't corner. Well I already corner it just fine but with upgrades it will be a Unicorn
I have done that with my Gen 2 Busa , but standard donk just woolich tuned . Just weighed it fully fueled at 230kg , still got a couple of things sitting around to fit , like Yoshi aluminum tank . My thing turns well for a big girl , BST wheels and full Ohlins , here is a current pic .

Busa 2.jpg

I have done that with my Gen 2 Busa , but standard donk just woolich tuned . Just weighed it fully fueled at 230kg , still got a couple of things sitting around to fit , like Yoshi aluminum tank . My thing turns well for a big girl , BST wheels and full Ohlins , here is a current pic .

View attachment 1671432
Damn that's sexy bro I love it!!! I see that brembo with air scoops. I see that carbon front fender and mirrors. Do and you send me any info of where to find those.

I like how subtle but sexy that bike is. That's exactly how I want mine to look. That only someone who knows bikes well can't tell what work has been done

That bike is 2012 L2 , bone stock when I got it end of 2013 3400km . It runs a DME aluminum subframe , lithium battery , aluminum kickstand and mount . Running standard tank with quick release mounts and stock bodywork , with carbon fairing trim and inner panels , pyramid plastics rear cowl cushion . Standard heat shield wrapped airbox , short stacks , woolich tuned 195bhp / 114 ftlb motor . Magical Racing carbon mirrors , cut F.Fabrai screen . BST front Black Diamond 5 spoke with ceramic bearings , Braketech 330mm Axis rotors , Brembo GP4-RX calipers . Fren Tubo Carbon lines and ceramic pads . Ohlins FGRT208 forks , CNC Racing carbon ducts . Agras top triple clamp , Gilles Vario Clipons , RCS Brembo brake and clutch pumps . CNC Racing carbon reservoirs . Agras carbon front guard , TWM fuel cap with Clever Wolf carbon tank protecter . Carbon frame guards ( forget maker ) Agras modified rearsets , reverse shift configured with quick shifter Cordona . Striker swingarm , with Agras rear uderslung bracker , Brembo billet P2 / 84MM caliper , Discacciati rear rotor . KFactory 47t sprocket , Healtech speedo healer ,EK 530 CHAIN . Front / swingarm pivot / rear axle in titanium , full engine mount bolts and covers in titanium , suspension linkage bolts in titanium , KFactory adjustable links , BST 6.25" rear with ceramic bearings , Full titanium and aluminum bolt replacement on all areas of bike , including all Brembo caliper factory bolts / rotor bolts , cush dive / spocket bolts / kickstand bolts , fork bolts / bodywork bolts , controls , subframe , rearsets and tank mounts all titanium / aluminum . Rear Ohlins TTX36 , Brocks CT Meg Ti exhaust . Think that might be clost to it mate .

Back