Marchesini Wheels & Galfer Wave Rotors

vman1300

Never Forgotten
As you Bash thread regulars already know, I splurged this Christmas for the Busa.

I picked up a set of Marchesini Forged Alumnium rims and a set of front Galfer Wave Rotors.

On the rear I went with a stock, light weight rotor and a Renthal rear sprocket.

Now for the weight savings.

Front- stock complete with rotors 17.70 lbs
Marchesini with Galfer rotors 14.30

Rear- stock, rotor, cush drive and sprocket 22.25 lbs
Marchesini, LW rotor, Renthal sprocket 16.10 lbs

Total savings: 9.55 lbs

I have gotten the bike out on the road to break the rotors in and I can already tell a difference.

I will be back on the track in January and I will get to see how much improvement this mod will make.

wheel.jpg

Ewwwwwwwwwwww, thats just plane NASTYyyyyyyyyy my bruvah
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

How often do you see Busa's with more tread towards the center than the outside? Not too often! Nice looking setup. Who makes the rear rotor? I like that. Looks sweet.

Charlie

(Rhythm @ Dec. 12 2006,14:12) Ewwwwwwwwwwww, thats just plane NASTYyyyyyyyyy my bruvah  
SHOCKED.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif
Thanks man!

I cant wait to get some seat time.

super.gif

super.gif

(CAT3 @ Dec. 12 2006,14:21) How often do you see Busa's with more tread towards the center than the outside?  Not too often!  Nice looking setup.  Who makes the rear rotor?  I like that.  Looks sweet.

Charlie
The tires are 4 laps scuffs from one of my friends. They are Michelin Power Race.

The front is a 120/70 "C"- soft compound, triangular shape and the rear is a 190/55 in a soft/medium.

I normally use Michelin M2 rear and a S2 front in the standard sizes.

The S2/M2/H2 has been discontinued and I am gonna give the new Power Race a try in the 190/55 rear.

I cant take credit on the way the tires look now, but I will post up some pics from Jennings after a few sessions.....hehehehe....

The rear rotor is a stock one that has been modified. It saves over 1lb of weight on the rear.

Back