Shift rod?

Deuce_C15s

Registered
So I've installed cycle pirates 360 pegs on my bike and I love them. This morning I got ready to go ride and decided to make a few more adjustments to my shift lever and rear brake and I did then took off. Well I pulled off an off ramp to check something and when I went to down shift there was no shifter!! I got off the bike and just to mere luck the shift rod was still hanging on tranny side by just the last thread. I mean it actually was a lil cross thread that was holding it. When I touched it it fell. So now my questions is. Does anybody know of a company that makes a longer one?

Most rearsets come with 2 shift rods for this reason. Once the go so far up and back the stock length rod will no longer reach, as you've found out. I'm suprised it only came with one rod.
Can you measure what thread size and pitch you have?

Have no way of measuring here. The only way I could do it is take the rod with me to lowes and try each nut til one fits!!

You could take the rod to a hardware store and see what it mates up with...the bad thing / may not be the case...if the rod has a left + right hand thread on it. It would be easy to use a tap / die set to make your part...a hobby shop, welding supply, or home depot should have aluminium tubing.

RYC1966 said:
You could take the rod to a hardware store and see what it mates up with...the bad thing / may not be the case...if the rod has a left + right hand thread on it. It would be easy to use a tap / die set to make your part...a hobby shop, welding supply, or home depot should have aluminium tubing.

This is what I have in mind. I keep saying this "if I was at home I could build one". But it's true. I work on the road and am never home. But where I go. The bike goes. It does have left and right hand threads. That's why I can't just go buy a piece of all thread. I don't know of I wanna use aluminum. Unless I could find just the some really strong stuff. Other wise it'll be stainless.

Fixed this prob. Don't know why I didn't think of if earlier but I just rolled the shift arm on the trans one tooth towards the pegs and cured my problem 100%.

Back