Longer shift lever rod

rickneuhaus

Registered
I lowered my busa 2 inches, and went to adjust the shift lever but the rod was already maxed out for lowering it... anyone know if I can just grab a longer one from home depot and thread it myself with a dye, or does someone out there know the specs already so i can grab a proper one. (just moved and don't have much in the way of tools unboxed yet)

Thanks, 13K

I am confused too, you should not have to adjust your shift lever because you lowered the bike.

I would have to assume you also installed adjustable rear sets and postioned them back further that stock...

I am confused too, you should not have to adjust your shift lever because you lowered the bike.

sorry for any confusion...

From starting position on the drag strip, being lower to the ground give my foot an off placement when brought up to the shift lever (it's not necessary, but would be nice for a more firm shift). I wanted to lower it even more but my rod with the lock bolts is already edge to edge. Just curious if the rod (not the lever itself) is made longer.
Went to the shop today and they said they could special order one, but I think I'll give it a shot to cut and dye my own.

I think one end is left hand thread. Can you cut it in half and weld in a short piece of rod to lengthen it?

WE can custom fabricate a shift for you for $22.95. See our website for details at: Dano's Performance Thanks Dan

YOU need to be a sponsor before constantly offering stuff from your business. I saw a lot of your products in the classifieds a while back. I am surprised the admins have not stepped in yet.

Back