• Yes I use GP Shifting

Votes: 12 20.3%
  • No I use standard shifting

Votes: 39 66.1%
  • Whats GP Shifting?

Votes: 8 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What are the pros to doing this ? I know I have dragged my toes a few times and actually brought my foot completely off the peg once in a corner because I left my foot under. Is that the advantage.

Those would be the most immediate benefits...Having your foot above the peg instead of under saves you clearance in corners...which is why you are hard pressed to find a race bike not using GP Shifting...

I really like it because of the following reasons:
A) I wear a size 13 boot...Tapping down to change gears is much easier than wedging my boots underneath the shifter.
B) I feel I can shift faster tapping down.
C) Less movement of the foot to change gears in corners, more stable shifting.
D) Easier to shift gears while doing wheely's on my previous bikes..have not wheelied my BUSA intentionally yet...

Last edited:
I did see that and it sucked for Hayes. The Spanish rider, who's name has escaped me, had the same thing happen and he saved it.

I have to tell you I really was rooting for Hayes it would have been cool to see him have a Podium Finish...

To me the standard shift makes no sense. If you would agree that shifting by pushing down is stronger than shifting while pull up with your toes. Then where would you need a stronger shift? When you powering through the gears accelerating or when you are banging the gears slowing down. To me. a solid up shift is MUCH more important.

I am biased because I raced GP style and I drag race. But reverse shift pattern feels totally natural and I am 100% confident on a very fast 1-2 shift. I still hear a lot guys blowing neutral on the track.

My 2 cents, but I reversed my shifter two days after I got my 2008 Busa.

Hey everyone, I was curious as to how many of you Hayabusa owners run GP shifting on your Busa's vs the standard shift pattern...

I have set up all of my bikes for years with GP Shifting, having large feet I find it considerably better to shift gears tapping down than trying to get my big feet underneath the shifter...

Just was curious as to who else uses it...
Go get em tiger!:whistle:

I use the standard pattern. Have yet to find the need to up shift mid corner (doesn't sound like too good of an idea on a Busa anyway), and hopping between the dirt bike one day, Busa next, dirt bike, Busa, etc.. Better for simple minded me me to stick to one pattern.:thumbsup:

To me the standard shift makes no sense. If you would agree that shifting by pushing down is stronger than shifting while pull up with your toes. Then where would you need a stronger shift? When you powering through the gears accelerating or when you are banging the gears slowing down. To me. a solid up shift is MUCH more important.

I am biased because I raced GP style and I drag race. But reverse shift pattern feels totally natural and I am 100% confident on a very fast 1-2 shift. I still hear a lot guys blowing neutral on the track.

My 2 cents, but I reversed my shifter two days after I got my 2008 Busa.

How did you reverse the shifter on the 2008? I have my 929 reversed, but looking at the linkage, it doesnt look like you can just turn it around in the case of the gen2's.

-Ben

How did you reverse the shifter on the 2008? I have my 929 reversed, but looking at the linkage, it doesnt look like you can just turn it around in the case of the gen2's.

-Ben

You have to shorten the rod and grind down the rivet on the back of the bell crank a bit...if you just flip over the bell crank, it hits on the side stand bolt and the shift lever sits too low.

You have to shorten the rod and grind down the rivet on the back of the bell crank a bit...if you just flip over the bell crank, it hits on the side stand bolt and the shift lever sits too low.

What he said, here is a pic for you. Just a note, I am using the stock rod, just twisted all the way in.

Last edited:
Back