Shift Kits

Speednut

Registered
So, I was just tooling around on this site looking for info on everything, and found a link that took me to a website selling Factory Pro Shift Star Kits. Completely rids bikes of missed shifts. Lotsa talk about the busa particularly. Seems like a decent invention, and wasn't very expensive either. Basically an all around shift kit eliminating missed shifts, and improving all other shifts at the same time. Anybody have one or experience with one? Is install very difficult? Seemed to be a somewhat good solution to make the clutch tougher. I just thought it may be a nice piece of mind thing to purchase to prevent the dreaded 2nd gear issues. I have an 07 blue busa with 4500 miles (I shift it like I hate it since day 1) always using the clutch into every gear. So I hope to remain trouble free, but my luck is terrible... and I have had a few shifts that went south. Just sometimes don't put it into 2nd hard enough I believe, so it pops it right back out. I hate it when it happens. And with all the talk about 2nd gear on here, I basically sweat inside my helmet anytime a shift pops out. Once its in, it always stays in. Just sometimes rough to get it into 2nd.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=6;t=9082;hl=star

https://www.hayabusa.org/forums/?act=ST;f=47;t=81667;hl=star

This is all I found. Most here I think would tell you if your shifting like you mean it... you won't have any problems. Check with some of the members in the post and see if they offer you any feedback.

GL

beerchug.gif

Looks like a great kit, I just ordered one, I will post pics of the install and give feedback as soon as I get it on.
thumb_up.gif

thanks for the replies. i'm interested in knowing how it turns out for you guys. i took a ride out to starved rock state park here again today to see if shifting like i hate it will ease my mind again. it really did. also, on my old GSXR 600, there was an adjustment for the amount of play in the clutch lever. always was supposed to be just a tiny amount of slack in it before tension could be felt. does the busa have anything to make sure its always correct amount of play?

I'll probably be getting one over the winter to install. A buddy of mine told me to give their shift star kit a consideration before taking the trans out to be undercut and looked over. He put one on his gixxer racebike and said it's a night and day difference. Here and on sh.org I've seen mostly positive said about it. Only negative i've read was some guy who couldn't get into neutral easy after installing it. Kept going into 2nd or back down to 1st instead of neutral. I could learn to live with that in exchange for easier shifting.

i'd live with that too. some bikes are harder than others to find neutral. i've ridden all kinds. but if its that great of a difference in the shift, its worth the trade off. you shift much more often than you look for neutral anyways.

I put full synthetic oil in mine and never had a problem shifting since. Although, I "shift like I mean it" purely out of habit. But it is considerably smoother since the oil change.

I put full synthetic oil in mine and never had a problem shifting since. Although, I "shift like I mean it" purely out of habit. But it is considerably smoother since the oil change.
Ran mobil 1 synthetic for the past couple years. Shifted like i meant it but the busa still shifted like a truck. Tried Royal purple this year. Busa shifted like a truck sometimes still. Besides shift kit i think i'll give amsoil a try. Heard lots of positive about that brand.

Back