Shark Helmets

RandomNickname

Donating Member
Registered
So the Shark RSR and RSX helmets are now available for purchase and legal to use in the U.S.

I'm tempted to pick one up for my new lid (the old RF-900 wants replacing), and curious if anyone has any experience or opinions on these helmets. Yes, I'm looking at you, board members from Europe... ;)

Also, does anyone know how the sizing works compared to the Shoeis and Arais out there (since both fit me roughly the same, but other helmets like Icon and KBC and even AGV tend to run too small for my melon cranium).

Thanks in advance.

Never heard of them... can i see some pictures, or get a link to a website
rock.gif

They sell them on ebay. I like the look of the 500 it has the vents protruding from the helment...nice colors too. They arent that expensive on ebay bout 200 bucks so i dont know about the quaility any body want to be the first to purchase
rock.gif

We are gonna be a stocking dealer for Shark. I saw their new lids at the Indy Dealer Expo last month. They are good lids and affordable. We should have our stock order later today.

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111091511 -->

So how are they on weight and how would you rate them compared to some of the other manufactures

The weight is comparable with HJC/Shoei/ICON and others. I have not worn one while riding to judge the wind noise. That is one of the most important factors to me in choosing a helmet after the fit. Once the weather decides to corroporate, I will take a spin in one and can give more of a report.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111088841 -->

For those of you who haven't heard of them before, Sharks are a European helmet (French designed I think), that just recently applied for and received DOT and Snell approval (as well as already having BSI/European approval for years.

Quite a few of the European riders wear them in MotoGP, BSB, etc etc. Miguel Duhamel rides with them in AMA racing, Ruben Xaus in MotoGP, etc. Laconi and Corser also wear them, I believe.

I've heard/read depending on model they can run anywhere from $350 to $700 (for the top of the line replica lid).  

Just curious as to whether they're worth looking in to.  I haven't found a local dealer to have a hands-on with, so I'm a little in the dark about how they are where the rubber meets the road, so to speak.

Edit: I found this evaluation of the Stateside version online today, though I think I'd rather hear from real-world people rather than a retailer for their opinion of it

<!--EDIT|RandomNickname
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111089475 -->

OK the truck was just unloaded, 400+ Shark helmets. I grabbed a Shark RSX and put it on the scale. It comes in at 3.75 lbs. For comparrision I used a Arai RX7 corsair, result 3.45 lbs. I also tried a Shoei RF1000 and it was also 3.45 lbs. Keep in mind our scale is a shipping scale that rounds to the nearest .05.

<!--EDIT|vman1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111094121 -->

dont want to be a dik but what do the hjcs weigh
rock.gif

You are not being a dik, you just want info. We do not stock any HJC's. My wife wears one a CL20. If I can remember it tomorrow, I will throw it on the scales.

According to my precise weighing technique (one helmet in each hand) my HJC AC-11 is about the same weight as my new Shoei RF-1000. I must say I love the shoei and you can get them off ebay for $249 new in the box.

Back