Shark Helmets?

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
I want a quieter helmet than my Arai Vector. Was told Shark RSR2's are very quiet.

Can anyone confirm this?

Also wonder about the lack of the Snell endorsment.

I thought the Arai was one of the more quiet Helmets as i was told. Don't have either one:dunno:

I have a Shark. My best experience in a helmet so far. Yes it is quiet and the ventellation work a lot better than I expected. The fit fits my head better than my previous experiences. But I have not owned an Arai or Soumy etc. so I can't compare.

I have a shark - not that model - and don't consider it any better or worse, noise wise than my Arai. I feel Shoei is the quietest in my tests. usually comes down to the amount of thick foam around your ears.

persoanlly, ear plugs work way better to me

I have a Shoei x-11 and I still have to wear ear plugs. I read the reviews and they pointed to the X-11 as being the quietest but wow the wind noise is still annoying. I've recently started wearing ear plugs, now I don't leave home without them.

I have an Icon Domain and a Mainframe both XXL that im selling in the classifieds,they are both awesome helmets,great ventilation,quiet and most comfortable in my opinion.both in like new condition with bags,clear and dark smoke lenses...make me an offer!

Shark makes great helmets. And don't worry about the SNELL rating, they rate to DOT and ECE. They are very safe helmets. Go look up the European safety ratings, they are top notch.

Although it is true that some helmets will cut noise better than others, the most critical factor is whether or not it is fit to your bean properly. Try various brands and go with the one that fits you the best.

--Wag--

in fact race type helmets not quiet helmets , Shark's RSR2 model is very good , many racers in MotoGP and SBK , using RSR2 like Troy Corser :)

I have had a few helmets and my Arai rx7 is very quiet. No experience with the Vector model. +1 on the fitment issue. Make sure it is fit to your noggin. Not all helmet models have the same shape so you must try on a few. I can't stand my wife's Shoei even though it is a great helmet. Just does not fit me well.

I have an Icon Domain and a Mainframe both XXL that im selling in the classifieds,they are both awesome helmets,great ventilation,quiet and most comfortable in my opinion.both in like new condition with bags,clear and dark smoke lenses...make me an offer!

Thanks but my brain isn't as big as yours. :laugh:

I have read through it, no clear consensus on the noise levels. I know it's subjective. I'm just looking for some justification to buy the Shark black and orange Duhamel to match my sexy girl "Masago". Found one for $390 shipped. Having been on a gear buying binge lately I'm feeling a tad selfish.

Funny how my pants, shirts and socks sheldom match, but I feel the need to be fashion consciencous on the bike. OMG! Maybe I'm just a poser! :banghead:

Thanks but my brain isn't as big as yours. :laugh:

I have read through it, no clear consensus on the noise levels. I know it's subjective. I'm just looking for some justification to buy the Shark black and orange Duhamel to match my sexy girl "Masago". Found one for $390 shipped. Having been on a gear buying binge lately I'm feeling a tad selfish.

Funny how my pants, shirts and socks sheldom match, but I feel the need to be fashion consciencous on the bike. OMG! Maybe I'm just a poser! :banghead:

That poll has a benefit maybe previously unseen...if you click on the quantity of votes, it will expose to you who voted for which helmet. Maybe you could contact those who were sporting the helmet you are looking for and ask them specific questions about it.

Just sayin... :beerchug:

No matter what helmet you get, you're still gonna get some wind noise. Even the quietest ones are still enough to make you lose your hearing, with prolonged use, over a period of time.

EARPLUGS...just like several folks have already posted. I got into the habit of using them during trackdays b/c of high, constant exposure to wind noise via high speeds. Also helps cut down on the loud exhausts, especially the guys trying to make their bikes sound like a GP bike. I even use them when I do my street rides as well. Aside from saving your hearing, you'll be MUCH LESS fatigued as well, and can ride harder....longer! Remember, your ears also house your equilibrium centers for balance, b/c of cranial nerves running from your eardrum straight into the brain. Prolonged exposure to wind noise and other loud elements will be enough to throw your equilibrium out of balance, hence that "fatigued" feel. That's why ALL racers and most trackday guys wear earplugs. Save yourself the cash, run to Lowe's or Home Depot and buy earplugs by the bulk ($18 tops). I guarantee it'll be more than worth it. In fact, it's PRICELESS!!

Remember that the relative noise is dependent on a lot more than the helmet itself. Other variables such as fairing height relative to helmet position, individual fit of helmet, etc. all come into play.

Only way to get good read on noise is for you to test ride with the helmet.

Best of luck!

Back