shafted by another member...

busa186

Registered
I have struggled with this for a little while and finally decided, if for nothing else I would caution others.

On/about 7/1 I ordered a complete dash (4pieces) from Pwall97. About a week goes by and I ask if he had any tracking. He replied and stated he did not but the pieces should be there shortly, so we agreed to wait another week. Still nothing, waited another week. Still nothing. I asked for a refund as its been three weeks and after some time he agreed. After a couple days, I hadn't received anything so I contact him again. He tells me to hit the refund button on eBay... I reminded him that I transferred money to him via Papal. (it was with my phone and didn't select goods, so no refund that way). A couple days went by and still nothing... So I sent another reminder and again he instructs me to go trough eBay??? I reminded him of the situation and the requested money from HIM via papal. That was 2 weeks ago.

This is over $30.. A small amount, but I still paid for something and never got it. Its been a week or so since he logged in so I know he has seen all of my communications, he has only provided lame excuses (on vacation and not around a computer, as he writes messages) Seems like he would want to make it right.

Today I wash my hands from this and will let karma take its path.

Just file a claim through paypal and if there is not tracking you will for sure get your money back.

so if it shows up suddenly are you going to blame him or the us post?

ive known things get lost by royal mail and turn up weeks later .

why scam someone for $30 lol

This is what I get...

"We're sorry, but this transaction cannot be disputed because it is not a purchase of goods or services. Please contact the recipient directly."

That really stinks! Just not right getting burned by a fellow rider and member. Hopefully he'll try and make good on the deal, dash or cash.

so if it shows up suddenly are you going to blame him or the us post?

ive known things get lost by royal mail and turn up weeks later .

why scam someone for $30 lol

Well, if it shows up after two months and I get my money back, then I would do the right thing and sent the parts back. I am glad you find it funny to pay someone $30 and not get anything thing in return. however, I find it rude.

what a bummer, sorry you have to go thru that, maybe the person will make it right still, lets hope.

It is the principle involved not the $$. Hope it works out for you!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Thats why I only use paypal and have had to file one complaint and got my money back finally.Maybe its out there in the mail system.

Well, if it shows up after two months and I get my money back, then I would do the right thing and sent the parts back. I am glad you find it funny to pay someone $30 and not get anything thing in return. however, I find it rude.

you misunderstand me sir must be an across the pond thing whatever. good luck

It is the principle involved not the $$.

That is exactly the point, not the value or to some extent who it is

It does leave a bad taste in your mouth when this happens as there is a lot of trust involved in these things

Hopefully it will sort itself out

I only use PayPal backed by a credit card to pay for items bought over the internet (online vendor, private party, etc.). If a deal goes sour, I dispute charges directly with the CCC and they do the rest.

PayPal really does not have any teeth/muscle to make the seller resolve the situation. They already have their cut and the issue is between the buyer and seller.

Best of luck and hope things work out.

I only use PayPal backed by a credit card to pay for items bought over the internet (online vendor, private party, etc.). If a deal goes sour, I dispute charges directly with the CCC and they do the rest.

PayPal really does not have any teeth/muscle to make the seller resolve the situation. They already have their cut and the issue is between the buyer and seller.

Best of luck and hope things work out.

I wonder if that would work with my bank, my paypal is backed with a debit card. Again, $30 dollars isn't going to break the bank.

He was parting out a whole bike, I hope he didn't do this to others with high dollar items.

Out with tapatalk

It's a darn shame. From memory using paypal you have to do something within 45 days which you're beyond now, and you will only get your money if the seller's account covers the loss. I've filed a claim with them, won the dispute because the seller didn't even bother to reply to paypal and because the money was in the sellers account.

It's a darn shame. From memory using paypal you have to do something within 45 days which you're beyond now, and you will only get your money if the seller's account covers the loss. I've filed a claim with them, won the dispute because the seller didn't even bother to reply to paypal and because the money was in the sellers account.

I tried when I was still under 45 days. The problem was, I just transferred money to him. I should have marked it goods or services, but I used my phone and that was not an option. Or at least one I didn't see...

Out on tapatalk

Back