Sena bluetooth headset users

weeesss

Registered
I have been using a Sena SMH-10 for the past week in my RF1100. This is my first headset. Works great with my Iphone. My sister did not even know I was doing 65mph when we were chatting but it was kind of hard to hear her. I know my TwoBros pipes don't help.

My question is has anyone modded their setup to somehow bring the speakers closer to their ears or angle then back so I can hear a bit better on the highway? I closed all my helmet vents which helped but the sound is not right over my ears.

I am using mine in an Arai RX-Q and am not having any problems hearing music or voice conversation with it. I do have a Brocks AH but that doesnt seem to affect my ability to hear. You might try purchasing another $35 helmet mount that allows you plug in ear buds versus using the speakers

In the instructions for my Scala headset it says put foam in the recesses in your crash helmet so the earphones are closer to your ears.

make sure the speakers are lined up with your ears. On my headset all I had to do was move the speakers a little.

The cutouts for my speakers are just larger enough for the speakers, so there is no room to move them around.

I may run out to the hardware store and look for some sort of doubled-sided tape or something else to bring them closer.

The cutouts for my speakers are just larger enough for the speakers, so there is no room to move them around.

I may run out to the hardware store and look for some sort of doubled-sided tape or something else to bring them closer.

cutouts?? Do you mean the opening in the helmet by the cheek pad???

Update: Sena support basically said other users have great success with SMH10 and earplugs. I was told to check speaker location.

I much prefer riding with earplugs, so can anyone recommend headphones that work well with a helmet?

You can a new base for the Sena for about $35 that allows you to plug your earplugs directly into the Sena unit.

The base has a 1/8" plug already. I am trying to find some earbuds that stay in when taking the helmet on and off.

If you want to use ear buds then this is what you need to buy:

Sena SMH10 Replacement Clamp A0304 Headset Earbuds | eBay

sena 2.jpg

Thats a tuff question because the glove part of the item is going to wear out. I usually go through a set every 18 months or so and I have had some that didn't make it 6 months.

The other part I dont have an answer to is just because they control the bluetooth what are you to do for the audio interface to the phone? I can control the phone for voice dialing, or radio or track control with my SENA unit and the audio interface is included. So what is the advantage of the glove?

I totally get gloves wearing out. I don't have a solution to that except the best quality I can muster - unfortunately it's going to continue to happen.

As for the audio interface, this came from the recognition that a lot of folks just plug in the earbuds and go. So why not offer control. The standard iPhone earbuds have the microphone on the wire. Voice control does work in these gloves, but unlike helmet mounted solutions, the speakers and mic aren't provided/built in.

The advantage of the glove is fingertip control (keeping hands near handlebars), and the ability to enable electronic control for other sports such as skiing, etc. and the expense for bluetooth only comes once.

I take it that this is your entreprenurial endeavor. Would you be interested in what I personally would like to see in the product?

Would anyone consider Bluetooth control gloves to control the phone like these?

BEARTek Gloves

That glove on the site doesn't look like a motorcycle glove. I normally wouldn't spend more than 80-90 for gloves. I had a 180.00 pair of name brand gloves that I wore out in a little over a year. I can usually find a pair Kevlar padded gloves, knuckles and palm in my price range. It's a very cool glove but with my bluetooth headset I did almost everything I wanted on my phone while I was riding with voice command options, and it wasn't one of the state art phones they got now.

yea, so unfortunately that is a 3d render of the glove and fabric is extraordinarily difficult to make show up as realistic as other materials. I do have a sample pair (which weren't perfect from the manufacturer) yet, so didn't display them. The gloves will be real though :-) I promise.

My gloves usually last a while, but I am probably not out riding as often as many. It is definitely a consideration to build out less expensive, equally safe and functional gloves.

I am really targeting people who don't already have a solution in place, and would like to be able to integrate this product into their other activities. And don't want a module hanging off their helmet, etc.

I really appreciate your feedback. It means much to me.:thumbsup:

Back