Touring windscreen

weeesss

Registered
I put a Puig Double Bubble on my 08 and never really paid much attention to the noise as I wear ear plugs. I installed a bluetooth headset and noticed it was hard to hear on the highway. I was ready to replace my RF1100 thinking it was the problem. Then I rode my wife's SV650 and realized I could hear much better without any fairing.

I am 6' and would like to know if a touring version would work.

Most "touring" screens are going to direct the air flow to your helmet area. The wind flow of a screen is "dirty air". On a naked bike the wind flow hitting your helmet is clean air, so it's a lot less noisy. You may be better with the stock height, as the air flow is on your chest, and the air hitting your helmet will be cleaner.

Most "touring" screens are going to direct the air flow to your helmet area. The wind flow of a screen is "dirty air". On a naked bike the wind flow hitting your helmet is clean air, so it's a lot less noisy. You may be better with the stock height, as the air flow is on your chest, and the air hitting your helmet will be cleaner.

I agree with this 100%

I am 6'4" and with the stock screen i couldnt see the gauges.

I put on the Double Bubble and noticed more noise, but also, i could see the gauge and the wind was hitting me in a different spot.

I agree with this 100%

I am 6'4" and with the stock screen i couldnt see the gauges.

I put on the Double Bubble and noticed more noise, but also, i could see the gauge and the wind was hitting me in a different spot.

Same here....more noise as the air hits my neck/head now rather than my chest, but I can see the instruments properly. I think the only way you're going to get rid of that is to install one of these (hard to see the windshield at first, but it's just to the left of Erik Estrada's teeth):

CHiPs.jpg

I'd be interested to know if anyone on the board has tried the ST Zero Gravity screen as I have the Double Bubble Zero Gravity, am 6'2 and have a lot of 'dirty' air hitting my helmet.

I'd be interested to know if anyone on the board has tried the ST Zero Gravity screen as I have the Double Bubble Zero Gravity, am 6'2 and have a lot of 'dirty' air hitting my helmet.

Exact answer I am looking for before dropping money. I fine going with the SR if the touring screen won't help.

I just want to be able to hear my bluetooth headset.

I have the double bubble on mine with a RF 1000 and the wind noise it terrible. I can here my blue tooth but not very good at 60+ I just ordered a new Icon CF helmet but after seeing this I think I might put the stock screen back on. I an 5'8 and have the Tobin seat on my bike. Do you think the wind noise would be better by changing the screen? Thanks in advance

I had the touring shield from zg, it takes a lot of wind off you, I used it for when it got cold out, I never really could get over the looks of it.

But yes it does work good

I went and put the stock one back on mine this eve. I will ride it tomorrow and see how it does and let you guys know what changes I notice.

I had the touring shield from zg, it takes a lot of wind off you, I used it for when it got cold out, I never really could get over the looks of it.

But yes it does work good

I agree with this. It worked somewhat for me at 6'4" but it ruined the lines of the bike. It looked terrible IMO. When I sold the bike, the buyer immediately asked for the stock windscreen LOL

I rode my bike up for new tires and decided to pop my head up over the double bubble and it was an improvement. I think either the stock screen or just not slouching is the best option for me.

I just got back from a ride after changing back to the stock screen from the DB. Man what a difference it made in the wind noise. I am 5'8 and have a Tobin seat and around 70 or so the noise factor is a least 30% better. I also do not seem to have as much what they call dirty wind hitting me. I hope this helps you guys some.

It all depends on your cruising riding position as well. I was fine with a stock windscreen and stock bars. As soon as I added the Buell pegs and Helibars though my riding position changed. Oh the millions of variable's!!!

It all depends on your cruising riding position as well. I was fine with a stock windscreen and stock bars. As soon as I added the Buell pegs and Helibars though my riding position changed. Oh the millions of variable's!!!

I did these mod's also. Peg's and bars but for me I had changed to the DB Screen before I made the changes and never thought about it again until this thread came up. I like the stock screen much better.

Back