Sena SMH5 Bluetooth

I just put on and road for several hours with the SMH-10 and really enjoyed it. The sound quality is good..missing the bass that you might get with earbuds...but the ease of use is amazing. I streamed from Pandora, talked on the phone and tested the intercom. I am really happy withe purchase.

Revzilla has the snowmobile package which had both the boom and wired mike included and it came as a dual so the Mrs can yell at me while riding. It is a bit bulky but I think it looks just fine...I can post a pic later if you want. The only thing the snow package didn't include is the wall charger but I have one of those (same as most point/shoot cameras).

I have 2 SMH 10 - I use it with my Droid - works great! only real issue is helmet mounting... Some helmets make it very easy with the clamp on version - some helmets particularly Modulars can be impossible to use the clamp on with out modifying the helmet - something you do at your on risk. Adhesive mount is what's left. I was very suspect about the adhesive mount but it has proven to be quite robust all considered.

Sena seems to be in the business for the long haul and their products work. Thery are the real deal. I say 8.5 out of 10 and my gripes are not really because of the headset but more of the function of the helmet and the nature of wind noise at 75 mph.

Someone asked about the mikes - Boom and tab mikes both work great. I think you're looking for or need to search the A302 boom add on. Only problem is if you cough or sneeze unexpectedly it picks up the Phone stopping the music:)

By the way if you have a helmet collection - you can buy the add-on boom mounts for about $30 bucks and switch the modular unit from helmet to helmet - very slick.. great flexibility.

I am just wondering if the sound quality of the 5 matches the 10 if I upgraded the speakers.

I just got an email from Sena stating that the upgraded speakers for the SMH5 are the same speakers that are used on the SMH10.

Are the SMH10 speakers much better than the SMH5's? Are they worth the money?

I would try the smh5 speakers first before buying new ones.
You can set the helmet down and walk 20 feet + away and still hear music playing with no issues. I have yet to find a situation where I needed more volume. I haven't even had to go to full volume even at triple digit speeds with a Shoei RF1000 which is far from the quietest helmet out there.

I personally like it way better then the SMH10 I tried. Way smaller, No boom mic sticking out the bottom that the helmet rests on when you sit it down and no pins to worry about breaking.

The only draw back is you can't pair it to two bluetooth devices at once and you can't talk to the other 3 coms at the same time. Which isn't a bad thing at all if you've ever had a system that you could. Everyone talking at once sucks. And slightly shorter connect distances. 1/4 mile is plenty for most though.

You can buy seperate mounts/speaker/mics for your other helmets just like the SMH10 as well. Then you just swap the actual unit to each helmet. I am going to order another set for my offroad helmet so i can have tunes while on the atv:thumbsup:

Best hundred bucks i've spent..

I should clarify my question. I have the SMH5 and there is plenty of volume. It's base I'm looking for. The small speakers don't have any.

The SMH10 I used didn't have any more low end then my SMH5 do, Maybe they redesigned them?
My 5's seem fine. I don't listen to anything with low bass so maybe that's why?

Has anyone used the SENA SR10 bluetooth two-way radio adapter?

My buddy and I both have the SMH5 and we just tried the SR10 with Motorola radios on our snowmobiles. Range sucked and sound quality was very bad. Couldn't understand what we were saying. When we tested it in the garage it all worked great. I wonder if it's getting interference from the 2 stroke snowmobile motor??? We are still working on it.

My buddy and I both have the SMH5 and we just tried the SR10 with Motorola radios on our snowmobiles. Range sucked and sound quality was very bad. Couldn't understand what we were saying. When we tested it in the garage it all worked great. I wonder if it's getting interference from the 2 stroke snowmobile motor??? We are still working on it.

Okay thanks

Back