Sena SMH5 Bluetooth

I really like the SMH10, but the mic is only a boom mic and does not have the wired mic option. Plus there is no FM tuner....which would be nice. I like the G9 and F5, but the price point seems so much better with the SMH10....plus the SMH10 has much better music sound quality which will be most of what I use it for. Would love to hear more from people using any of these.

I really like the SMH10, but the mic is only a boom mic and does not have the wired mic option. Plus there is no FM tuner....which would be nice. I like the G9 and F5, but the price point seems so much better with the SMH10....plus the SMH10 has much better music sound quality which will be most of what I use it for. Would love to hear more from people using any of these.

The SMH10 does offer a wired mic option, check out link.
Sena Bluetooth

As far as the FM tuner option I guess that would be useful for local broadcast if you're unfamiliar with the area you're in and need some local info but I haven't used an FM tuner in years since I now have satellite radio.

On my iPhone I have a couple of apps that will allow access to some local FM radio stations for certain urban areas if that helps any.

Stangman,

Do you have a boom mic or the wired mic? On the sena sight I see the 5 can use a wired mic but couldn't find it on amazon with the rest of the sena products... Maybe im just over looking it today.. I am a lil tired..:laugh:

The SMH10 does offer a wired mic option, check out link.
Sena Bluetooth

Thanks. That may be a good option. I am still on the fence but leaning towards the 10. I am just wondering if the sound quality of the 5 matches the 10 if I upgraded the speakers. I don't really care about the intercom part of the product.

As far as the FM tuner option I guess that would be useful for local broadcast if you're unfamiliar with the area you're in and need some local info but I haven't used an FM tuner in years since I now have satellite radio.

On my iPhone I have a couple of apps that will allow access to some local FM radio stations for certain urban areas if that helps any.

Yeah, I don't really need it. I can put satellite radio through my Zumo 665......I just haven't paid for a subscription yet.

Stangman,

Do you have a boom mic or the wired mic? On the sena sight I see the 5 can use a wired mic but couldn't find it on amazon with the rest of the sena products... Maybe im just over looking it today.. I am a lil tired..:laugh:

I have the boom mic and don't even know it's there.

Thanks. That may be a good option. I am still on the fence but leaning towards the 10. I am just wondering if the sound quality of the 5 matches the 10 if I upgraded the speakers. I don't really care about the intercom part of the product.

I guess either way is a good way to go. The good thing is that the SMH10 is only $50 more so it's not a major amount of money for the upgrade.

I guess for my casual/local riding the SMH5 has been doing a great job these past few days with the music, GPS and phone use.

For those that don't know I have the Tsukigi cannon full exhaust and it is LOUD but I still have no problem hearing and talking with the SMH5 that alone is impressive in my book so I know for sure people with quieter exhaust will have no problems at all.

Thats it...a great way to communicate with fellow riders or telephone pole workers or flagman or the local kids in the backyard as your cruising the highways. Just wanted to see if anyone had used it. Lamb will prolly pull the trigger soon

That's great but but before you pull the trigger on the SR10 check out some of the limitations on it first.

Question about the helmet speaker set up. I already have a set of the Torx Pro helmet speakers and they were pretty expensive (for me). The speakers have just a 3.5mm stereo jack at the end, to plug into a phone, mp3 player, etc. I don't see just a regular 3.5mm audio jack on the SMH5. Am I missing it? If not, is there a way to continue to use my Torx Pro speakers with the SMH5?

Question about the helmet speaker set up. I already have a set of the Torx Pro helmet speakers and they were pretty expensive (for me). The speakers have just a 3.5mm stereo jack at the end, to plug into a phone, mp3 player, etc. I don't see just a regular 3.5mm audio jack on the SMH5. Am I missing it? If not, is there a way to continue to use my Torx Pro speakers with the SMH5?

You can't connect the Torx Pro speaker to the SMH5 due to the lack of the 3.5mm port but the SMH10 does have the 3.5 audio jack.

Stangman, did you update the firmware? I just did on mine and I think the hissing sound is gone now. Haven't had a chance to try it on the bike yet.

Stangman, did you update the firmware? I just did on mine and I think the hissing sound is gone now. Haven't had a chance to try it on the bike yet.

As a matter of fact I did update it. I guess since you mentioned it some of the hissing is gone.

Yea until the people in the restaurant asked me to remove it because I was scarring the little children. :rofl:

if you look anything like your avatar pic. please keep the helmet on as you'd scrare the s*** outta me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I havent thought about purchasing a bluetooth for when Im out riding, but now you got me thinking, going to run by the shop later on today and see how much more I spend and if I have some extra space I just might order one of these.

if you look anything like your avatar pic. please keep the helmet on as you'd scrare the s*** outta me :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I havent thought about purchasing a bluetooth for when Im out riding, but now you got me thinking, going to run by the shop later on today and see how much more I spend and if I have some extra space I just might order one of these.

Sanket I decided to take my helmet off…I hope I’m a little more appealing to small children and women.

If I would’ve known then what I know now I would’ve invested in a blue tooth years ago. It’s enhanced my riding experienced, seriously.

Back