Scorpio alarm owners

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Where did you guys put the prox sensor? I am getting ready to go install mine and was wondering where you guys found to be most effective.

Don

Thanks Haya,
I had that one, just wanted to see if anyone put them anywhere else. I don't have the starter kill unit, so the install should be straight forward.

Don

i have a different undertail so i mounted mine right above the ecu with some velcro

pretty much followed the ICEMAN's direction and honestly, it works very well there. The only gotcha was wiring up the turn signals to flash but otherwise, its pretty straight forward. The other tid bit of info I'd share, test fit your seat against the sensor before you try to lock it down... I found that mounting it too far up the ECU and the seat wouldnt sit just right.

ICEMAN has his in a good location. I always bury mine as deep in the bike as I can. I have to take off most of the body work for my install.

Mine came with the wiring harness for the bike. I wonder if that integrates all the additional wiring.

Don

Everything accept the anti-hijack relay. That one will require finding and splicing the correct wire to do the job.

That's the way I've done several bikes. The fuel pump will have enough pressure to run the bike for 10 to 20 seconds after the anti-hijack is tripped. That gives the thief a few more feet for a safety margin. Then you can call the police and tell them to look for the idiot pushing a screaming Hayabusa down the road.

Don't keep the remote on the key chain. You can't trip the anti-hijack without the remote.

Also one other note. The anti-hijack WILL NOT keep the bike from starting. It will only cut the connection when the alarm goes off.

Where is the best place to buy and how much $
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

Anyone every break up a theft with one installed.

Does the alarm trip when the bike is bumped or do you have to stand it up or?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

I've been giving an alarm some thought?

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I am not installing the anti-jack module. Between the roadlok and the scorpio maybe they will steal someone else's.

Don

Where is the best place to buy and how much $
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

Anyone every break up a theft with one installed.

Does the alarm trip when the bike is bumped or do you have to stand it up or?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
???

I've been giving an alarm some thought?
You just missed the Scorpio Group Buy.

Call Jester0769 and he can hook you up with an alarm.

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

Removing the tail is actually quite easy. I followed Icemans install and it worked great, Prox on the ecu, unit in the hump grap opening. The prox worls great and have not had any issues with it there.

Back