Alarm question

wv rider

Registered
I just installed an alarm system and am not very happy with the proximity sensor range. Has anyone tried a dual prox sensor install?

depends. what type of alarm, and where is YOUR sensor mounted. It does not go thru metal well. Metal will shape the signal causing wierd trigger zones. Also how do you have it mounted. Flat facing upward in the center of the bike or sideways facing outward? Some alarm brains can not handle the dual prox sensor (all in one unit). Others can not support two seperate sensors unless it has an aux sensor input. I tried parallel wiring two single sensors on the same trigger. The sensitivity of each unit interferred with each other. just thoughts.

~ICE~

Oh yea, you can add a second sensor to the "shock sensor" input wire, and also get the 12v from that sensor. Depending on mount location might help ya.

~ICE~

Reactions: Ham
Thanks for the reply. Right now it is mounted facing up in the front of the bike. I couldn't find another spot I would be able to cleanly install it. It sounds like I am going to have to experiment.

Back