remote start

Darkflame

Registered
hi guys.

forgive me but I am posting this from my mobile phone.

I'm interested if anyone has ever did a remote start alarm install. I'm interested in installing an alarm system. my friend has a gixxer 1000 with an alarm that he can remote start the bike with. the guy who did his install is in iraq though so he can't help me.

the alarm he has is one of those ebay alarms. I have a scorpio i500 that has been nothing but problems for me.

my friend says his alarm isn't as well know but it gets the job done.

anyone done this mod before? I asked the guy to email his friend for help but he can't offer much help without seeing the bike.

let me know!

thanks!
Posted via Mobile Device

Just asking, why the want to remote start? My busa is never parked out of gear to prevent rollover. You would have to park the bike in N and good chance that when you start it up ( depending on the ground slope) it could roll off the kickstand.

you can do this without an alarm..go to auto zone and buy a 4 channel switch
AutoZone.com | Shopping | Accessories | Product Detail - Pilot Automotive 4 Channel Wireless Remote
use one button on the switch to trip a relay that will turn on your bikes ignition and flip the kick stand and clutch lever sensors so that it thinks the stand is up and the clutch lever is pulled in, then another button to start it up...
they come with a remote and sell for about 35$, and you can use the other 2 channels for lighting...Make sure you use a relay with a normally open/normally closed circuit for the enable/disable of the kickstand and clutch lever switch so it will operate normally when the switch is off.....I still wouldn't recommend it as your bike will roll and tip over if you accidentally leave it in gear.... you may want to use a 3rd channel for a siren because once your bike is running someone will jump on it and go... if you turn the first switch back off it will (switch back the relays)making your bike know the kick stand is down and lever is out...thus turning off your bike which is way cooler because the alarm stuff doesn't do that...lol

Last edited:
Well I have it all thought out. The busa will only turn over if 2 conditions are met.

1. Bike must be in neutral and clutch pulled in.
2. Bike must be in gear, clutch pulled in and kickstand up.

So I won't touch the kickstand. This will prevent the bike from moving during start.

I knew the question was coming LOL....WHY!?!!!??!?

Hahaha see i'm a modder. I'm not a glamorous modder like some who take pride in the show of their work. I just love to tinker with stuff.

The more I mod, the more I learn about my bike.

I've done tests with how the bike responds to being on it's kickstand and starting. it won't lurch forward.

I'm surprised no one asked about someone stealing my bike while it's idling. In regards to that I have a gps tracker that transmits realtime data 24/7 to a website. My GF uses it to track me sometimes so I am not worried about theft. Hell it's been stolen before and recovered thanks to it.

I just love to mod!! Sorry to those of you who feel a busa's beauty and functionality is better left untouched.:cheerleader:

In regards to the autozone suggestion. I may consider that but I still would need to know the proper wiring to accomplish this.

I do want to do the alarm style because I have inputs on my tracker board that can send me a text whenever my alarm goes off. Also I can initiate remote start via text as well. I just need to know what wires i'm looking for.

Thanks guys!

And one time when you not looking someone who can't leave things alone admires your bike accidental puts it in gear. Then you are talking to someone about your alarm and go to show them how it works.... BAMM! Not worth the risK IMO. Basically only time you can trust it to start flawlessly is in your garage providing no traffic goes by it. Kids etc...

Wouldn't want anything like that on my bike. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen.???

And one time when you not looking someone who can't leave things alone admires your bike accidental puts it in gear. Then you are talking to someone about your alarm and go to show them how it works.... BAMM! Not worth the risK IMO. Basically only time you can trust it to start flawlessly is in your garage providing no traffic goes by it. Kids etc...

It looks like you replied before even reading the requirements to start the bike.

you can't start the bike if it's in gear and on it's kick stand.

It will only turn over in neutral if it's on its sidestand.

Needlepimp:
Thank you sir! I was looking at the diagram thinking all I need are 3 relays. I didn't think it would/could have been that easy!. Your resistor makes all the sense.

I saw your thread and i'm ready to comit to it. I believe there is a way to have your auto cutoff in case of ripoff situation.

I think it will involve 1-2 more relays though.

The place where you tap your resistor into, that switch circuit would control it.

You can have a relay that's tied to that circuit, if it's on (key in) then the clutch switch does nothing

If it's off (key out) the relay in the clutch would trip the connection that the resistor gives to the ecu !OR! you could have it break the engine kill switch connection to the ECU

Key in would bypass this relay. nothing happens, key out bike starts, idles fine but if you pull clutch in to bring it into gear it kills engine (lights and everything still work)

Let me research this I need to put this down on paper to better visualize this..

With this information in hand I may just shop around for a good alarm system. Maybe adapt a car alarm system to the bikes electrical. Not quite sure if I want to pop in some low quality alarm system.

Edit:
Well I got done hanging laundry and was thinking about how to accomplish this and I believe I figured it out.

I'll send you a pm.

Last edited:
Back