Alarm with remote start

04busalover

Banned
OK. I know is asked before and I see some topics about this subject but no one has an real answer.
I have few guys which asking me If I can install this type of alarm system on their bikes and I told them I will ask here on this great site about-it. On my bike I have installed but only the alarm never cross my mind I can install the remote start on bikes but since someone ask me to do for them is an opportunity
to learn something new with your help for sure and why not to make few bucks. Anyone done-it before please PM me or just post back with instructions. As I read the main thing is to make the fuel pump to work and the rest is not so complicated but any way I need some ideas from my Busa brothers.
Thank you and I wish you all Happy Hollydays and GOD bless you all.
beerchug.gif

Remote start on a bike is a bad idea. Most ppl will tell you to leave the bike in 1rst gear when you park it. If you leave it in neutral, you are tossing the dice on whether or not it will be on it's side when you come back.

JMHO

Don

- I'd think it'll be a waste of time on bikes like the Busa where the rider has to pull in the clutch to start the bike.

- If the bike has a "clutchless" start then that person has to leave the bike in Neutral where they'd risk a tipover if the bike decides to roll forward a bit.

- If the bike can start in gear the bike will lunge forward everytime the rider pushes that button and will more than likely fall off of the stand.

With that said ... I don't see the benefit of this. Unless the person has a clutchless start bike and has faith parking it in Neutral that is.

Oh, but to answer your question, I've seen some alarms which listed that as an option and others don't. You might want to make sure his alarm can actually perform that action.

I installed my alarm a few months ago and opted against the remote start feature for all of the mentioned reasons. Having the engine warmed up for me isn't worth possibly finding my bike on her side. I can ride slow for 5 mins to let her warm up.

Back