Remote start alarm

garaujo

Registered
hi guys, has anyone installed the remote start option on an alarm? i have installed everything, but seem to get it to kick over but fuel pump doesnt work? which wires should i have spliced into?
please help.

Which alarm model do you have?

its a cruze a roo, doesnt really matter in principal they are all the same as far as the wiring for the remote start goes, i get it to power up and kick over but the fuel pump is not wihinning, yet if i try it with the key in the ignition on on.. whalaa! it works.... but not without the key which is the whole point.

rock.gif

What purpose does a remote start serve on a motorcycle?
rock.gif

It's not like you can have the A/C on so you're greated by a cool interior or the heater cranked up for those below 0º mornings.
If it's for the gee wizz look at me factor, consider this....if you forget and leave the bike in gear or someon curious a-hole plays around with the bike while you're gone and drops it into gear, you'll have an instant $1500 in damage when you push that start button not to mention the sheer embarassment.

That said...there's probably some safety keeping the fuel pump from energizing (clutch in, sidestand down ect). On the left side of the bike near the front seat area is a fuel pump relay which you'll need to remove the tail section to get to. A thin yellow with black tracer wire carries 12 volts to that relay. The wire off the alarm that feeds your "ignition on" can probably also be used to feed 12 volts to that relay. Some manufacturers recommend a separate 30 amp relay off the alarm system that feeds the fuel pump directly...seems a bit overkill to me when you already have a factory relay. Also that yellow/black wire is what I hooked my alarm system to in order to disable the bike during a tripped alarm or hijack. It breaks that circuit and the bike is dead in the water.

Don't take my word as gospel on any of the above as I have no idea if this will work and as always, if you backfeed voltage you may end up destroying something expensive like the ECU. Any advice you take here is done at your own risk!

If you have any questions on the bikes wiring let me know as I have some schematics here.

rock.gif

It's not like you can have the A/C on so you're greated by a cool interior or the heater cranked up for those below 0º mornings.
If it's for the gee wizz look at me factor, consider this....if you forget and leave the bike in gear or someon curious a-hole plays around with the bike while you're gone and drops it into gear, you'll have an instant $1500 in damage when you push that start button not to mention the sheer embarassment.

That said...there's probably some safety keeping the fuel pump from energizing (clutch in, sidestand down ect).  On the left side of the bike near the front seat area is a fuel pump relay which you'll need to remove the tail section to get to.  A thin yellow with black tracer wire carries 12 volts to that relay.  The wire off the alarm that feeds your "ignition on" can probably also be used to feed 12 volts to that relay.  Some manufacturers recommend a separate 30 amp relay off the alarm system that feeds the fuel pump directly...seems a bit overkill to me when you already have a factory relay.  Also that yellow/black wire is what I hooked my alarm system to in order to disable the bike during a tripped alarm or hijack.  It breaks that circuit and the bike is dead in the water.

Don't take my word as gospel on any of the above as I have no idea if this will work and as always, if you backfeed voltage you may end up destroying something expensive like the ECU.  Any advice you take here is done at your own risk!

If you have any questions on the bikes wiring let me know as I have some schematics here.
+1 Top of the list on top ten things my bike dont need..

rock.gif

That said...there's probably some safety keeping the fuel pump from energizing (clutch in, sidestand down ect).  On the left side of the bike near the front seat area is a fuel pump relay which you'll need to remove the tail section to get to.  A thin yellow with black tracer wire carries 12 volts to that relay.  The wire off the alarm that feeds your "ignition on" can probably also be used to feed 12 volts to that relay.  Some manufacturers recommend a separate 30 amp relay off the alarm system that feeds the fuel pump directly...seems a bit overkill to me when you already have a factory relay.  Also that yellow/black wire is what I hooked my alarm system to in order to disable the bike during a tripped alarm or hijack.  It breaks that circuit and the bike is dead in the water.

Don't take my word as gospel on any of the above as I have no idea if this will work and as always, if you backfeed voltage you may end up destroying something expensive like the ECU.  Any advice you take here is done at your own risk!

+1   Top of the list on top ten things my bike dont need..
+2, and Turbo has got all u need to know about wiring! Trust me

thanks gents for the advise, but as you might well be aware the bike can be started with the side stand down and no it can't start in gear. but then again i'd assume you knew that...

thanks gents for the advise, but as you might well be aware the bike can be started with the side stand down and no it can't start in gear. but then again i'd assume you knew that...
Nice, try to give someone advice and they come back as a know-it-all smart asš. When you're by-passing everything on the bike and basically "<span style='color:darkred'>hot wiring</span>" it, it sure as all hell WILL try and start in gear.
And going further on your theory of the bike not being able to start in gear, the bike also can't start without the clutch lever pulled in whether it's in gear or neutral...how are you going to get around that? Oh that's right you already did since the bike is "kicking over" for you!

Good luck on your install, you're going to need it.

Do you have the schematics for the '03?  I'd love to see those.

--Wag--
The CD I have only contains the older model schematics. So far I haven't noticed many changes between it and my '04 other than things like the fuel pump, 4 way hazards and flash to pass.
If I run across the newer schematics I'll let you know.
Was there anything in particular for the '03 that you were looking for?

Back