Nedd help with alarm installation

Shilpan

Registered
HI!
I bought an alarm with remote start by SteelMate. The problem I ran into wile installing was to find out wire called flameout. Alarm is functional but cant get the remote start to work without knowing what flameout wire is. I went through lot of threads and figure out that I need to cut orange/white wire that comes out of ignition but that doesn’t work either. When connected to that orange/white wire I am able to remote start it when the key is on but can’t get it to work when it’s off. All it does is starter kicks in but wont start. I also found a thread that mentioned about not cutting the orange/white wire by the ignition key and instead cutting black/white wire next to rear break fluid level indicator but same thing. Please help….

<!--EDIT|Shilpan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155488811 -->

bump.gif

i dont really care about remote starting it but if i connect remote start then i can turn off the enaine when someone tries to take off with my motorcycle and then beat the S H I T out of him.

<!--EDIT|Shilpan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155572242 -->

Hmmm...sounds like he wants more of a kill switch. Aren't there alarms that won't allow the bike to start at all w/out the remote?

I'm sure there's something out there that will fit your needs.

yes but i am stupid enough to buy one without doing any research. now i got this 2 way pager that is already installed except the remote start option which i was not able to figure out. other then that alarm is a charm.

<!--EDIT|Shilpan
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155573371 -->

The problem is the busa has too many kill devices. kickstand switch, clutch swith, kill switch, etc. Flame out if your alarm is using a positive feed for the kill would be orange and white. But since it's doing the opposite it's probably a ground type. The only true way to test it is to be in neutral, with kick stand up and clutch pulled in, or at least the switch shorted. Have to by pass all the safety switches first.

thats for remote start. remote kill is totally different.

jd

Back