Scorpio Alarm

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Just got done installing the scorpio alarm I got used off the board.
The alarm itself works perfect.
But I noticed that after the install my turn signals no longer work. I can't turn on the key and flip the switch, to get them on.

Pressing the arm or disarm on the scorpio remote, makes the turn signals flash like normal.
I disconnected the alarm from the turn signals and it still did not work.

So what's some suggestions?
Think it's a fuse blown?
Flasher relay that come with the clear alternatives gone out?

Electrical mods are, clear alternatives front led turn signals, Led rear turn signals, Indiglo gauges, and GPS hard wired to bike (but was not connected during test) Scorpio alarm.

I haven't checked the fuses, I may in a bit. But would the alarm still make the lights turn on even if there was a fuse blown?

Also, if it's the flasher relay, would it allow all the lights to light up with alarm, but not with the bike?

With the alarm you should have taped in to the L&R signal wires, If anything you might have blown a fuse!

Correct spliced into the rear turn signal power wires with the supplied taps.
Would lights still work with alarm, but not the bike with a blown fuse?

When I did my scorpio I had to throw those little wire splicing crimps out to the curb because they did not work worth a dam. I had to splice wire to wire. I have a cear alternatives also and no problem. However I could not get the rear turn signals to function properly with the supplied resonators from clear alternatives. I just had to deal with a fast flash rate. So the moral is if you got the little white resonators hooked up then try taking those out the loop and if you are using those silly crimps they gave you try ditching those as well. But I would check the fuse before I did any of that.

Guess I'll go out and check the fuses.

If that doesn't work, I'll disconnect the flasher relay that come with the clear alternatives kit.

I used the wire taps with quick disconnects on my last busa from scorpio and never had a problem.
But if nothing else works, I'll ditch those and hard wire it in.
I'll keep the thread updated after I find out.

Don't know the system or wiring. It sounds like a blown fuse. The alarm system would provide it's own power to the lights. Double check wiring before replacing the fuse. It blew for a reason.

36_15_31.gif

All fuses was good.

Removed the flasher relay that come with the clear alternatives front turn signals and it worked.
Now I'll just deal with the fast flash rate or take care of it at a later date.

Thanks all for the help.

Back