Scorpio Alarm - Install Help

ToyKraz

Collector of Toyz
Donating Member
Registered
I installed a Scorpio SR-i500SE today. It has the optional perimeter sensor and anti hi-jack modules. All works well except the anti hi-jack / ignition disable feature. The wire I cut to install the module was the Orange with White stripe coming from the ECM module.

When cut you cannot start the bike. With the module installed it runs fine, but I cannot kill it via the remote like I am supposed to be able to do.

HELP!!!!!!!

Sounds like a problem, I was considering getting that alarm ,but it sounds like so much work to install, good luck with it!

bowdown.gif

I have one but opted not to get the perimeter sensor and the anti Hijack . It was an easy install . Plug and play for the most part except for the 2 wires that you to splice into the rear turn signal wires. Even then they provided a "T" connector that simply clamped onto the wires .

· Posted on Jan. 20 2007,18:18
For my alarm set up I chose to drop out the fuel pump relay.

http://www.weacceptfoodstamps.com/motorcycles/alarm/alarm.htm

The bike can't be started and if the bike is already running, it'll kill the engine instantly which is perfect for hihack mode.[/Quote]

Thanks. That is a big help. I will try thast tomorrow. I still do not see way the one I used will not trigger the ignition disable. The Scorpio manula says to cut the O/W which also goes to the fuel pump relay.

Thanks again.

I will add that the uinstall was super easy. I just had this one hiccup. Total install was about 30 minutes

I cut into the fuse block. Figured that if something went wrong it would rtip a fuse. Works fine. and was very easy to get to. Are you sure you cut the right color wire?

(SpeedAdict @ Jan. 21 2007,03:54) I cut into the fuse block. Figured that if something went wrong it would rtip a fuse. Works fine. and was very  easy to get to. Are you sure you cut the right color wire?
+1 Same here, unbolt the fuseblock, and on the underside of it you will need to cut the main fuseblock wire.  Heres a photo of the wire that will need to be cut. No soldering is needed, just use a  popsi lock ( yellow connetor,purchase from Autozone) to make your connection from and back to the alarm

DSC00889.jpg

(Rhythm @ Jan. 20 2007,23:09)
(SpeedAdict @ Jan. 21 2007,03:54) I cut into the fuse block. Figured that if something went wrong it would rtip a fuse. Works fine. and was very  easy to get to. Are you sure you cut the right color wire?
+1 Same here, unbolt the fuseblock, and on the underside of it you will need to cut the main fuseblock wire.  Heres a photo of the wire that will need to be cut. No soldering is needed, just use a  popsi lock ( yellow connetor,purchase from Autozone) to make your connection from and back to the alarm

DSC00889.jpg
The install is reeeaaally easy, particularly if you follow ICEMAN's example, complete with pics in the mods section
cool.gif

And I think we finally have a pic of the dirtiest part of Ty's bike
wink.gif

(zukracer @ Jan. 21 2007,09
super.gif
)
(Rhythm @ Jan. 20 2007,23:09)

DSC00889.jpg
The install is reeeaaally easy, particularly if you follow ICEMAN's example, complete with pics in the mods section
cool.gif

And I think we finally have a pic of the dirtiest part of Ty's bike  
wink.gif
The  photo was taken during the time when I was fabricating my  front 5.25 "inner speaker pods.

Slide1.jpg

Here is a photo of the leftside the speaker pod after I pulled it  from the mold.

Frontspeakerinmoldphase.jpg

bowdown.gif
sweet... and for anyone that hasnt heard that system, holy cr@p it ROCKS
super.gif

(zukracer @ Jan. 21 2007,09:42)
bowdown.gif
super.gif
I bet you didnt know that Stevie Knicks could sound so good, huh.
wink.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 22 2007,00:13)
(zukracer @ Jan. 21 2007,09:42)
bowdown.gif
super.gif
wink.gif
Was it "Gypsy" or "Go your own Way" ?
rock.gif

(nitrousjunkie @ Jan. 21 2007,10
zzwhip.gif
)
(zukracer @ Jan. 21 2007,09:42)   sweet... and for anyone that hasnt heard that system, holy cr@p it ROCKS  
super.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
"Gypsy"  
super.gif
  She is one fine honey !
australian_womens_weekly_dec2005_photo_small.jpg

super.gif

(Rhythm @ Jan. 22 2007,00:48)
(nitrousjunkie @ Jan. 21 2007,10
zzwhip.gif
)
(zukracer @ Jan. 21 2007,09:42) sweet... and for anyone that hasnt heard that system, holy cr@p it ROCKS
super.gif
wink.gif
rock.gif
"Gypsy"
super.gif
She is one fine honey !
australian_womens_weekly_dec2005_photo_small.jpg
She's still Gorgeous as hell!
beerchug.gif

super.gif

does any one have any trouble with the range of their transmitter with the scorpio??? I've tried routing my antenna every which way and it still sucks...It recieves fine but I can't transmit (to disable alarm) very far

(tinbender0 @ Jan. 21 2007,17:59) does any one have any trouble with the range of their transmitter with the scorpio??? I've tried routing my antenna every which way and it still sucks...It recieves fine but I can't transmit (to disable alarm) very far
How far are we talking . Cause I'm not disabling mine until its in sight . And if it goes of I'm not diabling it untill I see why it went off .

Posted on Jan. 21 2007,17:59
does any one have any trouble with the range of their transmitter with the scorpio??? I've tried routing my antenna every which way and it still sucks...It recieves fine but I can't transmit (to disable alarm) very far[/Quote]

I walked a good 500 feet away from it parked in my garage. It still armed and disarmed fine. I was going to try farther but was to lazy to keep walking and nobody would give me a ride
wink.gif

Back