gregbusapolish001.jpg

gregbusa010.jpg

gregbusa008.jpg

gregbusa007.jpg

gregbusa006.jpg

gregbusa005.jpg

gregbusapolish013.jpg

gregbusapolish004.jpg

looks awesome...i am too afraid to do this...afraid I will not get tape lined up right to keep it straight!!
blush.gif
I really like it though and maybe I will get over the fear and just do it!! I also do not want to take the wheels off right now...it is riding season!! maybe later when it is time for new shoes!!
cool.gif

looks awesome...i am too afraid to do this...afraid I will not get tape lined up right to keep it straight!!  
blush.gif
  I really like it though and maybe I will get over the fear and just do it!!  I also do not want to take the wheels off right now...it is riding season!!  maybe later when it is time for new shoes!!  
cool.gif
its a good rainy day project. Takes a few hours.

And a straight line is a can of black spray paint away.
tounge.gif

I did not take mine off...I did them in place on the stands...And as for taping...
I did not tape either...
Just don't get too much overspray on the center of the wheels...The outside of the wheel strips very easy and the painted part on the center does not come off at all...So you can be a little sloppy and still get a nice line between the center and the outside...
Don't be skeered, it's way easier than you think...Take your time applying the stripper and when it wrinkles up just wipe it off...it will take more than one time but when it's stripped start polishing...

David

Thanks...that helps quite a bit...I will go get some stripper and maybe try one of these up coming weekends!

stripped my rims today....actually only done the front so far. havent polished it yet. bought some aircraft stripper from auto zone for 8.99  i saw they had the same stuff a wally world for 6.99  anyway that is some tough a** sh*%. paint comes off in seconds after you apply it. also its a thick consistency, so you can apply it to the whole rim and not worry about drips. its a must have for this type of project. i figure with the weight i saved i should gain another tenth of a twentieth HP and prolly an extra .000026872 mph in the quarter  
biggrin.gif
Sweet mod... This is on my list of "Affordable Mods" that will be done as soon as the rear tire melts away. I wouldn't dare do this with the wheel mounted to the bike - I'm a little too sloppy!
cool.gif
Looks GOOD.

stripped my rims today....actually only done the front so far. havent polished it yet. bought some aircraft stripper from auto zone for 8.99  i saw they had the same stuff a wally world for 6.99  anyway that is some tough a** sh*%. paint comes off in seconds after you apply it. also its a thick consistency, so you can apply it to the whole rim and not worry about drips. its a must have for this type of project. i figure with the weight i saved i should gain another tenth of a twentieth HP and prolly an extra .000026872 mph in the quarter  
biggrin.gif
Sweet mod... This is on my list of "Affordable Mods" that will be done as soon as the rear tire melts away. I wouldn't dare do this with the wheel mounted to the bike - I'm a little too sloppy!
cool.gif
Looks GOOD.
Same here. I waited (and helped
wink.gif
) the tire melt and pulled them off.

Then I deceided to work my way up the swing arm and on from there.
laugh.gif

guys...I know this sounds "mother - hen - ish" but please take the time to have the tires removed before you apply this stuff to your rims.
Not only are you placing this compound (which will either contain M.E.K. or TriChlor (perhaps both)) of the sidewalls of the tires (where the strength of the tire is (very important to bike of the Busa's wieght & power)) but if you do around the lip of the rim....it looks a lot better in the long run. Your next rear tire might not bead-up exactly the same one this one has and you will then have spots of paint showing.

Kool. But no before and after weights? It definitely looks faster. This stuff work better then Naval jelly?

Very nice looking rims!Did you sand them afterwards or just polish them ?
Thank you in advance. I have a 06 busa (dark red and black) and i'd love to do this to my bike.
Reiny

(heavybusa @ Apr. 19 2006,10:25) The liquid works better.

Here is a few pics

gregbusapolish001.jpg

gregbusa010.jpg

gregbusa008.jpg

gregbusa007.jpg

gregbusa006.jpg

gregbusa005.jpg

gregbusapolish013.jpg

gregbusapolish004.jpg
I've been thinking about doing this and getting rid of the gold as well....did you do your forks too?

look'n good, but wait til you have to polish them joints. I have polished rims on my truck and can't stand the work that goes into em to keep em up

Back