Saturday means....more smoked food pics!!!

BigBadDodge

Registered
Had my mom, brother and his roomate and my sister and her boyfriend over for some smoked turkey tonight. Really pleased with it, 13 lbs turkey, used a pretty basic brine recipe and soaked it in that for about 14hrs. Injected with creole butter, rubbed with vegetable oil (think next time i'd give it maybe a cajun rub) and tossed her in the smoker, ran right about 5hrs to hit internal temp of 165, pulled it at 168 and put in foil and hot towels in the cooler since it was early. Stayed at 165 for the 1.5hrs in the cooler. Never eating another oven roasted turkey again :laugh: Very very happy with how it turned out, used apple wood and when i took it out it smelled so good i resisted all temptation to tear a leg off and "test" it:laugh:
In the brine
turkey.jpg

About 2hrs in, added wood chips and gave it a brush with some melted garlic butter
turkey1.jpg

Out of the smoker
turkey3.jpg

Coolered
turkey2.jpg

Brother took the pic and came out real small, sliced up real professionally :laugh: Actually proud of that for the simple fact i've never carved a turkey before, luckily mommy was there :rofl:
turkey4.jpg

And on the plate.
Brother brought up fried mac and cheese and lots of bud light :whistle:
Mom and sister brought this "orange dreamsicle" stuff she makes, its like mandarin oranges, whipped cream, marshmallows, tapioca, not 100% sure but its good stuff, and of course i had the turkey, stuffing and rolls. And plenty of leftovers :thumbsup:
turkey5.jpg

Looks good! :beerchug:

We are doing beef ribs today on the smoker.

Back