Smoking

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Thats right, 6 months ago to the day I threw my last three packs of smokes in the trash, and I havn't lit another one since! My son and pals like Omslaw and Semi will tell you I was a chain smoker for sure. Cold turkey is a hard way to go, but is was the only way for me.

I remember when I made the decision to quit, there were several others who were going to quit too. Just wondering how everyone was doing on their effort to quit?

Grats!

I quit about 10 years ago and yes it's true you will have cravings for a long time, but after a qhile the thoughts are short lived and no big deal.

Congrats, Hal! Everyday will have its own challenges, but you'll get through.

Been a year for me now.

I feel much better, still an occasional I want one feeling, but they pass really quickly now.

I failed
firedevil.gif
lasted about 2 weeks, then the wife made me smoke again.

good for you i quit for two years and like a dumbarse I started back up when me and my girl split thinking about quiting again though.
clap.gif

thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

Glad to see that you are still hanging in there. After 6 months, your body is already repairing some of the damage.

thumb_up.gif

Good job Hal, we quite about the same time. I quit February 4th and have not had one since!

I dont ever have a craving for a cig, but every now and then, I really want a pinch of snuff. But alas, I must refrain.

That's great news Hal!! So glad to see that quitting can happen; my Dad's been trying for most of my life unsuccessfully
sad.gif

Keep up the good work
bowdown.gif

That's great Hal, actually today is one year smoke free for me, after 37 years of smoking I really didn't think I could do it, it still blows me away how deeply ingrained into the thought process it becomes, much more than a bad habit or a mere addiction, there is definetly something sinister about cigerettes.

I remember when you told me you quit, Hal. I'm glad that you've stuck with it!
thumb_up.gif

Back